WHERE DID CRUISES TO HAWAII GO?

Shih-tzu

We were notified a while back that our original cruise out of San Diego on the Miracle was being changed to depart Long Beach one day later. (not an issue because now we don't have to get off one ship in Long Beach and try to get to San Diego the same day).

I was subsequently told by my travel agent that she had spoken to Carnival (she was interested in booking that herself) and they indicated to her that the ship was going to be changed out from Miracle to Radiance.

I'm online and see cruises for the Miracle, Radiance and Panorama out of Long Beach in Feb 2022 but none of them are going to Hawaii and there's shorter cruises that are there for the dates we were supposed to be cruising.   We had booked the Journerys/Sailabration cruise but all three of the ships I just listed show the Sailabration but on shorter cruises.

Wonder if they're going to send another ship or if our trip is now going to be non-existant.   We are on the Panorama the week before but if the Hawaii trip isn't going we really will have to decide if we want to invest in the airfare, etc to fly all the way to the west coast for 7 day cruise instead of 21 days of cruising..... The airfare and pre/post hotel stay can be very costly....

Anyone heard any scuttlebutt?

Humm......I too was booked on a Hawaii cruise out of San Diego in Feb 2023......and as I look at the upcoming 2022/23 cruises, I see no Miracle bookings available.  I just checked the site I'm using and it has removed all Miracle itineraries.  Your right, the Panorama and Radiance are available.

So I'm guessing they are rescheduling the Miracle itineraries to include the Long Beach Hawaii departures, as well as the short west coast departures......but it's just a guess!

Love the Miracle so I hope that's the case......but my email indicated we would be notified by Feb 26th.....so we'll see.

4 hours ago, Beave8920 said:

Humm......I too was booked on a Hawaii cruise out of San Diego in Feb 2023......and as I look at the upcoming 2022/23 cruises, I see no Miracle bookings available.  I just checked the site I'm using and it has removed all Miracle itineraries.  Your right, the Panorama and Radiance are available.

So I'm guessing they are rescheduling the Miracle itineraries to include the Long Beach Hawaii departures, as well as the short west coast departures......but it's just a guess!

Love the Miracle so I hope that's the case......but my email indicated we would be notified by Feb 26th.....so we'll see.

We are on the Miracle February 2022. It has been moved to Long Beach. The e-mail we received said it would take until the 26th of February for them to get everyones cruise info switched to Long Beach. Once that’s completed I think you will see itineraries show up on their website. Hopes this helps a little.

Yes, it did say in email it would take until end February.   But if all three ships from Long Beach have other cruises on the site that are available for booking for those dates then it leaves me concerned.  Why would they be accepting bookings for all three ships for Mexican Riviera if one of the ships supposed to be enroute to Hawaii at that time??   Just seems strange.

2 hours ago, Shih-tzu said:

Yes, it did say in email it would take until end February.   But if all three ships from Long Beach have other cruises on the site that are available for booking for those dates then it leaves me concerned.  Why would they be accepting bookings for all three ships for Mexican Riviera if one of the ships supposed to be enroute to Hawaii at that time??   Just seems strange.

I'm not sure of your sailing dates, but mine were Feb 18th, 2023....moved to Feb 19th.  If you check the sailings for the Miracle for those dates, there is a void.  It sails on on a 5 day Feb 14th, (back on the 19th) then again on Mar 9th.....but nothing listed in between.

So I'm guessing they haven't released the Hawaii dates yet.  You might check the dates of your cruise to see if you have a similiar situation.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Beave8920 said:

I'm not sure of your sailing dates, but mine were Feb 18th, 2023....moved to Feb 19th.  If you check the sailings for the Miracle for those dates, there is a void.  It sails on on a 5 day Feb 14th, (back on the 19th) then again on Mar 9th.....but nothing listed in between.

So I'm guessing they haven't released the Hawaii dates yet.  You might check the dates of your cruise to see if you have a similiar situation.

Thanks - I did it the way you suggested and it appears that there is a break there during my dates - but seeing as the Sailabration cruises are all listed there (which is how I was looking before), maybe we have lost the Sailabration part of our cruise....which was part of the reason I booked....  We'll see what happens. 

Keeping track of all the cancellations and changes and rules/regulations is getting a little overwhelming to say the least.  Envy people within driving distance of a port - at least they don't have to deal with flight changes/cancellations as well.  

On 2/21/2021 at 2:17 PM, 4hunters said:

That mandate is currently set to expire November 1, 2021.  That date could, of course, be extended/rescinded/changed at any time.

yogibear was just playing with your pick-a-nick basket.  Note the signature.  Maybe he'll give you a packet of M&Ms.😄

• Haha 1

Just noticed that the Hawaii cruise has totally disappeared from "Manage My Booking".   When I tried to re-add it, it indicates that there is no reservation under that number.   Wonder if they're inaccessible until they have everyone sorted out down to the 14 day from 15 day or maybe they're re-assigning new booking numbers?   Anyone else on the departure from Long Beach on 20 February 2022 for Hawaii on the Miracle see their bookings?

We are booked for the Miracle to Hawaii in January of 2023. Our reservation is not showing when I go to Manage cruises. Our booking # does not work either. Obviously, Carnival is still sorting things out and didn’t hit their projected date on February 26th- as referenced in the letter. I don’t care about the 1 less day change, but hope there aren’t any ship changes. I love the Spirit class ships!

• Like 1

We are booked on the February 2023 sailing and chose it because we live near the port and so relaxing to just Uber from home.

Now that it is going to be sailing out of Long Beach we were thinking of driving up the night before and try to find one of those cruise away packages at a hotel with free or reduced parking rates.

Has anyone else done that out of Long Beach? Any recommendations?

Thanks!

We have stayed at the Hotel Maya Long Beach and had free parking for the week. The hotel is beautiful, and not having to park in the parking garage at the port was a big bonus. We contacted Jessica Jimenez, the Reservations Coordinator, for the Carnival discount and info about the free parking deal. I do not recall seeing the cruise away package on their website or other hotel booking websites. I am hoping Jessica is still there for reservations. The hotel is right next to the pier so we walked over the night before to visit the Queen Mary. 

6 hours ago, MT_Sea_Cruisers said:

Our January 2022 cruise is back in our Cruise Manager . . . However with a small glitch.  Showing we owe $14,645  still on our booking (actual owed in $375), for our interior room LOL.  Just a small variance LOL.  

Our February 20th Hawaii cruise has been officially changed to Long Beach. Showed up in “ my bookings” earlier.

Has anyone booked a Carnival cruise to Hawaii in March or April in the past?  I have seen that Carnival posted January and February, 2022 and 2023 cruises to Hawaii, but nothing for March and April.   March or April is when I can go.  When I call carnival, I get a "we don't know" answer, but I thought if anyone has cruised during those months in the past, it would give me a clue.

Edited by mmpadp

Hello. Looked over the Carnival Miracle 14 day itineraries out of Long Beach today. See where except for early 2023 itineraries they've removed the island of Kauai from the 2022 itineraries. Never been to Maui but have to Kauai. Thought Kauai was one of the prettiest islands really disappointed its been removed. Am a Carnival platinum cruiser but due to this change think I'll be looking else where for a Hawaii itinerary that includes Kauai.