The Daily for Monday Feb 22, 2021

richwmn

11 hours ago, kazu said:

I was surprised when I looked at your chart.

We’d be happy here if all we got was 90” of snow 😉 

I too am surprised to see Georgia on the list.

North Georgia has mountains and can get snow during winter months.  I'm a little surprised to see Augusta and Savannah on the list.  As far as I know Augusta isn't in a mountain area, and Savannah is on the Atlantic coastline.  Did you know Jacksonville, Florida can get snow occasionally?  Yes, Florida!

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Not only GA, but Savannah!  DH comes from Savannah and his sisters and cousins still live there.  You could probably hear them in Canada when they get an itsy bitsy sprinkle of snow. (which of course isn't very often)  😱😄

I live between Atlanta and Macon and when there is a little bit of snow here it's like the end of the world for native southerners.  One time we flew from Sydney to L.A. and when we went to get on our flight to Atlanta, they told us our flight was cancelled due to snow in Atlanta!  We had to stay the weekend in L.A. at a hotel to wait for our opportunity to get on a flight home.  My neighbor sent me a photo of the dusting we got at home.  Who would have believed we would be delayed so long over that dusting of snow?!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

North Georgia has mountains and can get snow during winter months.  I'm a little surprised to see Augusta and Savannah on the list.  As far as I know Augusta isn't in a mountain area, and Savannah is on the Atlantic coastline.  Did you know Jacksonville, Florida can get snow occasionally?  Yes, Florida!

I know the town just North of me in Florida - about 90 minutes South of Jacksonville, received enough snow in 1977 for people to write the date in the snow on their car windshield. And this is a beach community. The local police post that pic occasionally to remind us it could happen here.  At least it would be a novelty!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I live between Atlanta and Macon and when there is a little bit of snow here it's like the end of the world for native southerners.  One time we flew from Sydney to L.A. and when we went to get on our flight to Atlanta, they told us our flight was cancelled due to snow in Atlanta!  We had to stay the weekend in L.A. at a hotel to wait for our opportunity to get on a flight home.  My neighbor sent me a photo of the dusting we got at home.  Who would have believed we would be delayed so long over that dusting of snow?!

This does not surprise me!  My SIL has never lived anywhere else, hardly traveled anywhere else.  You would think the world was ending and they were all going to freeze to death. If the temperature dips below 50 it's catastrophic!  😱

• Like 2

On 2/22/2021 at 6:35 PM, cat shepard said:

Not sure how the creator of this chart defines East, but I was surprised to see Georgia on the chart, since it is so far South. 

Florida just needs to try harder....

DBEA09EB-3040-4CAF-9B4E-6FB07ED412CF.jpeg

No, absolutely not. Leave Florida alone. I escaped Michigan over 50 years ago because of the cold, ice and snow. If you want snow and cold - go north!! 😄