Koningsdam Navigation Deck Cabin Noise issues?

cruisn71

My DW and I are considering booking cabin 8134 on the Koningsdam for a 2022 cruise.  There is a review posted from early in the ship's life about noise from the Lido buffet due to chairs scraping.  Anyone know if this is still an issue or has it been resolved?

This is the review that has me concerned about this room:
https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=550301

My DW is a wheelchair user so the selection of accessible cabins isn't always great.

Most of he Lido buffet area is carpeted.  Around the eating area, where the chairs are located, is carpeted.   Only the areas around the actual buffet area and the sections between the two sides of the Lido are 'hard floored'. Looking at the deck plan, it would seem that 8134 is totally underneath a carpeted area.  

We always choose a cabin on  Navigation deck and never had any issues with noise.  However, our last cruise on Kdam we booked a forward cabin on deck 4 to get the huge balcony, and the noise from the BB King band was unbelievable!  Our fault for not doing our research, but we learned our lesson. 

We were on the Navigation Deck for our Oosterdam cruise in February 2020.  Our room was under the Canaletto restaurant, so I thought it would be quieter, but we still could hear the carts roiling over the grout space of the ceramic tiles.  Kathump, kathump, kathump.  Didn't bother me at all (I pretty much could sleep through a nuclear bomb....) but DH is a light sleeper, and it was more bothersome for him.

L.