No future cruise credits if paid in full?

GICNJC

10 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

So, do you think O is reneging on their earlier promise?  It may well be that, but I'm hoping to not find out.  🤞 

The cancellation refund /FCC   is a moving target 

it depends on when the cruise  was cancelled  the terms at the time  will apply

The current policies are on their website

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/assurance

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/coronavirus-statement

They could change  at any time 

2 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

The cancellation refund /FCC   is a moving target 

it depends on when the cruise  was cancelled  the terms at the time  will apply

The current policies are on their website

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/assurance

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/coronavirus-statement

They could change  at any time 

Even if somebody booked under the assurances being made at the time of the booking?  Sounds a lot like a life insurance company adding new exclusions at the time they need to pay out, not honoring the policy conditions which were in place when sold to the customer.

1 minute ago, Daniel A said:

Even if somebody booked under the assurances being made at the time of the booking?  Sounds a lot like a life insurance company adding new exclusions at the time they need to pay out, not honoring the policy conditions which were in place when sold to the customer.

What ever the policy was at the time of booking that is what you are entitled to

Same as whatever policy is in effect when the cruise is cancelled that is  what you get

At the current  time  for cruises recently cancelled  up to May 2021  no FCC's are offered 

When they cancel  the June sailings it may change  with that round or maybe stay the same

10 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

What ever the policy was at the time of booking that is what you are entitled to

Same as whatever policy is in effect when the cruise is cancelled that is  what you get

At the current  time  for cruises recently cancelled  up to May 2021  no FCC's are offered 

When they cancel  the June sailings it may change  with that round or maybe stay the same

So, now you're confusing me.  It looks to me that your first sentence is contradicted by your second one.  I just hope I won't need to find out the difference...

Edited by Daniel A

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

So, now you're confusing me.  It looks to me that your first sentence is contradicted by your second one.  I just hope I won't need to find out the difference...

Maybe you are confusing the cancellation refunds  with the Travelers Assurance program?

One is when the cruise line cancels  & the other is if YOU cancel

The  best thing to do is contact who you booked the cruise with & find out  where you stand 

The point is that at one time when Oceania cancelled a cruise due to COVID you had the choice of FCC plus a 25% FCC bonus or a 100% cash refund. That choice was never a condition of a booking or of your passenger contract, it was an offer made at the time of an Oceania-initiated cancellation. Oceania no longer is offering that choice when they cancel a cruise. You only are entitled to a 100% cash refund if your booking was paid in cash, or a redeposit of the FCC into your account if your booking was paid by FCC.

Edited by njhorseman

3 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Maybe you are confusing the cancellation refunds  with the Travelers Assurance program?

The  best thing to do is contact who you booked the cruise with & find out  where you stand 

I believe you are correct about him confusing the two.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

That's certainly good advice.  I wasn't confusing anything though.  When you look at the TAP and go to the FAQ's on the TAP page, it is clearly stated that FCCs are calculated at 100% plus and additional 25% "For Future Cruise Credits issued as part of a voyage cancellation due to the COVID-19 related pause of vessel operations, two credits are issued."

oceania-cruises-future-cruise-credits-faq-october-2020.pdf

That sure looks like 125% is a part of the TAP.  That is part of the TAP which was being offered to me at the time of my booking.  When I booked, those were the standards.  But if I run into an issue, I will check with the TA.  Thanks for the responses.

I wasn't confusing anything though.  When you look at the TAP and go to the FAQ's on the TAP page, it is clearly stated that FCCs are calculated at 100% plus and additional 25% "For Future Cruise Credits issued as part of a voyage cancellation due to the COVID-19 related pause of vessel operations, two credits are issued."

What you're missing is that there's no obligation to provide you with anything other than 100% of the fare you paid. The statement "For Future Cruise Credits issued as part of a voyage cancellation due to the COVID-19 related pause of vessel operations" doesn't obligate them to issue FCCs, it means "if we issue an FCC, then this is how much you'll get".

On 3/6/2021 at 8:12 PM, njhorseman said:

I'm not sure why the processing of any refunds due for shore excursions would be any different than the processing of fare refunds.

Oceania says: "Ancillary items and packages, etc. purchased through us will be automatically refunded."

You were right.  Having shore-x did not slow down the deposit refund

Edited by Kate-AHF
  • Like 1