Yes, another Free Cheers package question.

Hi cruise folks!

I was just checking my reservation with the RU2 drink package and for the 1st time I noticed the following:

This offer doesn't include the shots in the souvenir glasses you can buy at dinner. No gangway drinks, either.

Is this also the case if you purchase the $51 per day package???

12 hours ago, Riemercruisin said:

Hi cruise folks!

I was just checking my reservation with the RU2 drink package and for the 1st time I noticed the following:

This offer doesn't include the shots in the souvenir glasses you can buy at dinner. No gangway drinks, either.

The MDR shot glass thing is unevenly implemented - sometimes with Cheers we get charged nothing for the drink and like $2 for the glass, other times we pay the full amount "outside the package".

Once, they didn't get around to processing the MDR Cheers-allocated drinks until late than night, when we had already hit the 15 drink limit, and there was no way to override, so we got the drinks for free...

12 hours ago, Riemercruisin said:

No gangway drinks, either.

Oh, and I have always wanted to ask about this.  I have never been offered a drink on the gangway.  Yes, once inside in the Lobby on embarkation day we'll grab a drink-of-the-day from a wandering waiter, but I assume that doesn't count as gangway (and they always went towards our Cheers count).

Where/when would one be offered a drink on the gangway? 

1 hour ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Oh, and I have always wanted to ask about this.  I have never been offered a drink on the gangway.  Yes, once inside in the Lobby on embarkation day we'll grab a drink-of-the-day from a wandering waiter, but I assume that doesn't count as gangway (and they always went towards our Cheers count).

We got one once getting back on the ship. Think it was the only time I have seen it. It was stationed just before where you would get on the elevators. Only bad thing about it was they took your folio # and didn't input it right at that time. We had gone back to our room, changed and finished the drinks and then went up to the pool bar to get another and they said we had just gotten a drink and had to wait. Took a minute to figure out they had just ran the ones from the gangway (had been a good 30 mins since we got the drinks). Of course we knew the bartender well and he gave us the drinks and just ran them through a few minutes later. 

3 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

I figured this applied to the bottled water they have for sale when going off the ship in Caribbean ports. But I don't know for sure, because I haven't had the Cheers package in the past because we generally don't drink enough to make it worth the money. But we do drink enough to get our money's worth with the promotions out now! We have 2 cruises booked with it.

Once, they had a table set up on the lido deck selling bottles of water, so I grabbed one... When I checked my account, they had charged me, so I went to guest services to inquire. They said that "gangway purchases" aren't included. I simply said "on what planet is the lido deck considered the gangway?"... After a few minutes of arguing, they finally credited my account...

• Haha 1

On 3/4/2021 at 7:13 PM, Riemercruisin said:

Hi cruise folks!

Yes