Are prices good for 2022

mexicobob

Considering first cruise on Oceania. Not confident about 2021 but looking at 2022 for Mediterranean. Are the prices quoted now a good deal or should I wait to see if they go lower. Am very familiar with price points for other cruise lines in other parts of the world but not a clue what to expect in this regard. 

12 hours ago, mexicobob said:

Considering first cruise on Oceania. Not confident about 2021 but looking at 2022 for Mediterranean. Are the prices quoted now a good deal or should I wait to see if they go lower. Am very familiar with price points for other cruise lines in other parts of the world but not a clue what to expect in this regard. 

With Oceania, the bigger issue will be what’s left to book if you wait for price reductions.

Peruse their website for 2022 sailings. The vast majority of the most desirable itineraries are already waitlisted. 
Remember that these are smaller ships where it’s not uncommon to find more than 70% of repeat customers on any given cruise.

• Like 2

O is the opposite of big liners. Prices go up; book immediately if you want a cabin, especially Insides. Expect to be on waitlist and put up a deposit to get in line .Usually best pricing is when cabins first released.

18 hours ago, mexicobob said:

I would say as soon as there is more demand prices will go up..JMHO

Jancruz1

• Like 1

Newcomer here to Oceania.  After cancelling 2 cruises the past year on Celebrity, we decided to splurge on a nice Mediterranean 2022 itinerary that we found on Oceania.  We had advice from others to book it if we like it.  I saw prices were higher across the board on both lines for 2022.  We did not want to lose out, so went ahead and made the deposit  Our TA did advise us that they have a program that watches for price changes, so will advise if she sees something better.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2021 at 9:56 AM, Flatbush Flyer said:

With Oceania, the bigger issue will be what’s left to book if you wait for price reductions.

Peruse their website for 2022 sailings. The vast majority of the most desirable itineraries are already waitlisted. 
Remember that these are smaller ships where it’s not uncommon to find more than 70% of repeat customers on any given cruise.

Appreciate the advice from someone more familiar with the situation than I am. Since the cabin we desire and the itinerary remain open will place a deposit  and hope for the best. Guess that is the best one can do in today's world. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mexicobob said:

Appreciate the advice from someone more familiar with the situation than I am. Since the cabin we desire and the itinerary remain open will place a deposit  and hope for the best. Guess that is the best one can do in today's world. 

Once onboard, what you paid will be irrelevant. It’s a terrific and unique cruise line. As for future bookings, check out the “book onboard” policy which includes a discount and “price drop matching” and the ability to transfer to a TA during a 30 day window after the cruise ends.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1