Price Protection

kbh2

So I submitted a price protection to Carnival and it was approved, however they messed it up. So I called Carnival and got it fixed.  The agent told me there was a better rate. The rate I booked originally was a "price protection rate" which I know you have to do to get reductions. The rate she was looking at was not but she said that the "price protection" stays with your booking if that was your original rate even if you get a reduction and that rate is not.   In the past I was under the impression that you moved to the new rate and lost that. Can someone please confirm one way or the other for me.   I do not want to be stuck not being able to get those reduction as my cruise is 2023, lots of time for rate drops.

The Agent was correct If you originally book with a price protection rate such as early saver they compare all your requests to that original offer.  I tend to always book early saver if the cruise is far out and have had multiple price reductions on one offer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

If you book a rate that doesn't have price protection such as early saver, you are still eligible for price reductions up until your final payment date.

I'm assuming this is a typo. ..since early saver does have price protection until you sail, or the business day or two before.

The cheers for instance does not have price protection after final payment date. The date is important. Let's say you got finally payment extended ...if it's not a price protection rate, the date it's due is still the one that matters.