Taking a chance?

chromered7

After much debate , research and sleeping on it we have booked a Mediterranean cruise for 2022. After protracted problems getting our money back from a cancelled cruise  in 2020 we were really cautious even thinking of looking at potential cruises. The advent of the vaccine has given us hope that we could cruise and many cabins have been already booked for 2022. Are other Celebrity cruisers  having issues with getting the cabins they want for 2022 and have more confidence that cruises will go ahead ? The other issue we thought about was possible  changes to itinerary if Governments refuse to have ships docking in their countries.

You aren't the only one booking.  We booked a 2022 Baltic on Apex.  Not counting cabins but I would say that 2/3 of the cabins are sold for July 2022 looking at the cabin map

We did a refundable deposit just in case, but my feeling is that cruising will look fairly normal by next summer .  No masks or distancing

We looked at a trans canal cruise for next year and all of the Aqua Class cabins were sold out so we decided not to book. We then booked a Baltic cruise on Oceania and got one of the last Concierge level cabins available. I have seen a lot of 2022 cruises with very heavy booking in anticipation of cruises resuming, hopefully later this year.

• Like 1

We have two booked cruises for 2022: a Celebrity Northern Europe/Iceland in June and a Norwegian Northern Europe to Russia, Finland, Sweden, Germany. Both booked with an attempt to use accumulated FCCs.

I am confident, that high percentages of adult populations will have been vaccinated in the U.S., in Canada and in Europe by the end of 2021.

But using the saying, once burnt, twice shy, I am only hopeful that cruises will resume in 2022. This virus has shown it ugly face worldwide and it’s mutating ability is still a concern. I hope that our vaccination race will win!

And if cruises resume in 2022, I also hope that associated health measures will not impede too much the travel enjoyment. ( E.g. Reduced cruise length, mask wearing, limited shore excursions, limited port availabilities, risk of quarantine before, during and after the cruise, hand washing etc.). If some of these measures would be acceptable to us ( frequent hand washing), I don’t know yet if we would be willing to accept a forced quarantine pre or post cruise.... 

Really, just keeping my fingers crossed, for prompt progress to a return to what used to be normal and taken for granted.

We have multiple cruises booked for 2022.   Two  of them were lifted & shifted  from 2021.  The lack of cabins is probably a combination of L & S bookings and pent up demand.  I think most cruises will be sailing in 2022 but itinerary changes wouldn’t surprise me.