Best over 50

paddy Anne

On 6/13/2021 at 10:18 PM, Traveling Mike said:

I have stayed in lots of Cabins and Hotels (over seas) that are 99 sq ft and that is plenty of room for this solo traveler.

It's interesting to see how different people perceive room space! NCL and MSC's solo cabins have smaller beds pushed into a corner, so the smaller cabin space still has sufficient walkaround room. MSC's solo cabin is larger (130 sq ft) than NCL's (99 sq ft) but floor space looks about the same since MSC has a proper separate bathroom. In any event, that's plenty of room for just me.

It may help that our house's primary bedroom is only 130 sq ft with a master bath that's not much larger than a balcony cabin's bath (but with far less storage), and spend most of my day in a 90 sq ft home office. Having 100 sq ft in a cabin that's ALL MINE - not shared with a husband and multiple cats - feels blissfully roomy and airy and luxurious! 

Looks like the balcony cabin on Majestic Princess is 175 sq ft. Yikes. I might need a map to navigate that, or perhaps a trail of breadcrumbs so I can find my way back to the door... 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 4/1/2021 at 9:40 AM, paddy Anne said:

That's great to hear.  Are you able to get deals on single sailings or are you always paying for two.

Thanks

Hi, not sure I ever answered this......sometimes they offer a lower supplement (depending on the sailing) and sometimes they don't.  I am in a different mindset for sailing......I just look for the total price and if it is within my budget.....I stopped searching for "lower supplements" many years ago. 

• Like 1

On 4/3/2021 at 2:12 AM, farmersfight said:

What's your definition of "roomy" for a solo cabin? It surely can't be NCL's massive 99 sq ft studios. The single staterooms (category SGB) on Pearl Mist are over 200 sq ft. A standard balcony cabin on a large cruise ship is around 185 sq ft. So yes, I would still consider Pearl Mist's single staterooms "roomy".

The final nail on any thought that I had on sailing this ship is the price.

Hi, I forgot about this thread....you had asked what my definition of roomy is? My recent sailings and those I have booked are all on Silversea and even their "regular balconies" are over 350 sq feet. Their ships are much smaller so it is much different than the "big ships".

I like to travel alone and I have sailed NCL alone 6 times.  I was in. a studio 4 times but got upgraded the other two times.

I was very comfortable traveling solo all 6 times. However I enjoy solitude. and am very comfortable with being alone.

However, I am thinking about maybe trying another cruise line just to compare.

One problem, i have traveled NCL so many times that i get some nice perks for being Gold. 

But another problem is that i am very familiar and comfortable with NCL's website. I know how to search for a cruise for one person. I am having trouble researching a cruise for one person on other lines.

Could I get some tips on which ships and lines offer cabins for one person. What do I look for?

On 8/10/2021 at 6:05 PM, bostonphil said:

Could I get some tips on which ships and lines offer cabins for one person

The Cunard Queens have some solo cabins.  HAL's Pinnacle Class ships (their newest) has a few solo cabins.  

• 2 weeks later...

Be aware the solo cabins on jewel of the seas, radiance of the seas and serenade of the seas aren’t advertised at rccl online which is ridiculous. You either need to phone in for the price or go to the large travel unmentionable site where you can search for one person. Personally i like to go to the unmentionable large travel site and search by destination by 1 guest and then i can scan through the prices and see if there is any solo deals.