It Hasn't Yet Been Posted On Oceania's Website, But NCL And RSS Have Announced The Cancellation Of All June 2021 Cruises

njhorseman

The cruises have now been removed from Oceania's website, but they still haven't updated the announcement of the details and are still showing the Feb. 16 announcement of the May cancellations. I suspect they didn't want to upstage or divert attention from the Vista video that was released to the website this morning.

Edited by njhorseman
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mofrances said:

My TA notified us of the cancellation of our June 27 Riviera cruise this morning. So disappointed...

We were booked on this sailing as well but have not heard from our TA yet. Thank you for the heads up. Are you considering booking the nearly identical sailing on 25 June 2022? That is our tentative plan.

Yep, it was somewhat tongue in cheek! 😜

And, a vested interest....we are booked on insignia, NYC to Bermuda 9th July. In the past week, I have 4 emails requesting final payment which was 'due 10th March. My delete bin does the trick, I am not dignifying the request with a response. By this point in April we shall be about 83 days from sailing, well within the 60 days payment deadline to Oceania.

My TA will not be getting a further 3 weeks to hold final payment cash in Mid April, when it will be cancelled with a refund/FCC process kicking in.

1 hour ago, Redtravel said:

Oceania extended my fcc expiration date.  That gives us some time to look at possible cruises without being pushed to book quickly.

how quickly did you learn about the new Expiration Date to book a new Cruise?

we are still waiting to hear how long we have!!

On 3/16/2021 at 2:17 PM, cdcummings said:

We were booked on this sailing as well but have not heard from our TA yet. Thank you for the heads up. Are you considering booking the nearly identical sailing on 25 June 2022? That is our tentative plan.

We are probably not doing the similar sailing next year. The cruise was a graduation present for my son and next year he wouldn't be able to go. We are hoping to substitute a land trip this Summer but that is looking doubtful now that Europe is having another surge. Very depressing!

Really feeling good about booking that Amtrak trip across the Northern US for this summer. Haven’t seen Glacier NP in over a decade.

Likewise glad I moved my wine tour to Oregon for the Fall and cancelled out Italy. I was able to get great ( actually obscenely low) airfare for the Group and thus signed up more participants than I would have gotten for a European trip. Sold Out rarely quickly. More money for me! 🤓

Every one on the tour will have to be vaccinated, my rules! 😇.

Oregon wineries appear happy to be getting tourist dollars, obviously not the EU. Keeping the money here and helping Americans actually feels good.

Edited by pinotlover

10 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

I am pleased you've joined the realists regarding how 2021 was likely to play out.

I have long said that cruising won’t restart until 4th Qtr 2021. 

The EU has supposedly promised to announce its tourism guidelines for the summer by 4/1. That date is quickly approaching.

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

Really feeling good about booking that Amtrak trip across the Northern US for this summer. Haven’t seen Glacier NP in over a decade.

Likewise glad I moved my wine tour to Oregon for the Fall and cancelled out Italy. I was able to get great ( actually obscenely low) airfare for the Group and thus signed up more participants than I would have gotten for a European trip. Sold Out rarely quickly. More money for me! 🤓

Every one on the tour will have to be vaccinated, my rules! 😇.

Oregon wineries appear happy to be getting tourist dollars, obviously not the EU. Keeping the money here and helping Americans actually feels good.

I did Chicago to Seattle a couple of years ago. We did two days in Glacier. The train part (Empire Builder)was the biggest letdown of the trip. We had the best sleeper rooms. We were really looking forward to it, as a trip from Chicago to NO by train over 10 years or more ago was a fantastic experience. My, how Amtrak has gone downhill over the years. Might as well be serving packaged meals in the dining room. Oh wait, I think they were.