Anytime Dining - post covid

cellfree

On 3/17/2021 at 7:39 PM, zdcatc12 said:

That won't be needed. In Texas, most restaurants don't even have those anymore even without everyone vaccinated. I think it will be all tables of two and four and if you have a bigger party than that, they will put tables together. Vaccination as a requirement to cruise, of course.

One reason I don't eat in restaurants in Texas.

I think most tables are fixed to the floor.

12 hours ago, miataman19 said:

According to my contacts at Carnival in Miami the CDC will (most likely) require limited capacity. Now what that means is up to interpretation. My PVP is telling me the same thing. Looks like 50% capacity to start. I'm booked in August 2021. That's starting to look a little iffy right now, we'll see. I've already made my reservations in The Steakhouse each night so I don't have to deal with the MDR.  

I've seen this mentioned before and have been wondering about this.  What do you think that means for people on cruises booked for later this year?  Do you think they'll cancel anyone over the 50%?  Or are they holding back cabins and not making them available for booking?

On 3/17/2021 at 8:51 PM, cruisingguy007 said:

Too popular, not going anywhere. Having a set dinner time is not relaxing and only older passengers with early bed times enjoy eating dinner early. 

Hey now, plenty of younger people have early bed times too. Some people just have that preference naturally and others get it ingrained through work. My husband goes to bed at 7pm to get up at 4am. In my last job I went to bed at 8pm to get up by 5am. We often have dinner at 4 in the afternoon. And we aren't old. If we were old we wouldn't have jobs requiring us to get up so early. 

1 hour ago, sanger727 said:

Hey now, plenty of younger people have early bed times too. Some people just have that preference naturally and others get it ingrained through work. My husband goes to bed at 7pm to get up at 4am. In my last job I went to bed at 8pm to get up by 5am. We often have dinner at 4 in the afternoon. And we aren't old. If we were old we wouldn't have jobs requiring us to get up so early. 

Young families usually prefer early dining. Early dining often fills first. Late is almost always available.