Who has decided to take a summer staycation cruise?

seapals2

5 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

According to All Clear - it's when you book, since that is when your cover starts.

I am certainly no expert on insurance, but my guess would be that insurance companies could argue against a claim made between now and 17th May, as the ‘no cruising’ order is still in place, but the insurance would be valid from 17th May (when, hopefully, that instruction is removed) and that, of course, would cover the cruise itself as they are all after this date. Also, the potential lack of cover between now and 17th May wouldn’t matter due to P&O’s flexible cancellation policy? Like others, I can’t see them selling cruises that carry a condition of having a high level of insurance if the policies aren’t valid?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, seapals2 said:

Finally found this in print 

https://www.maritime-executive.com/article/uk-will-permit-domestic-cruises-to-resume-as-early-as-may-17

Not sure why it hasn’t been amended on the gov.uk website which still has the original advisory against all cruise travel. 

They probably use the same IT staff as P&O.🤣

I managed to Transfer our Britannia Med Cruise  to the 27th June Sailing.  I had a few we are too busy to take your call messages, but. Eventually got through and all transferred just before 9am. 
I’m usually book select and don’t upgrade me customer as I know what I like with my Aft view, however feel mildly excited to just be waiting for my HA midship balcony allocation. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, davecttr said:

The price for a balcony has just increased by £70 so the GF and GZ grades must be sold out

If, as posted on another thread, they are sailing at 20% capacity, it won't take long for the entire programme to sell out.

23 minutes ago, shopaholic6 said:

Well that's what I thought but the reply to my previous post by Host Sharon would suggest otherwise 🤔

But if Sharon's info is correct then surely P&O are being deceitful by demanding you have insurance cover, which would then be invalid?

Just now, terrierjohn said:

But if Sharon's info is correct then surely P&O are being deceitful by demanding you have insurance cover, which would then be invalid?

This is what I can't understand? Sharon is saying nothing will be covered if it is booked before 17th May - so nowhere should even be selling holidays until 17th May then by that logic?

• Like 1

Just now, shopaholic6 said:

This is what I can't understand? Sharon is saying nothing will be covered if it is booked before 17th May - so nowhere should even be selling holidays until 17th May then by that logic?

Exactly - no one should be booking a holiday for 2022 with that logic.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wowzz said:

If, as posted on another thread, they are sailing at 20% capacity, it won't take long for the entire programme to sell out.

Surely it can’t be that low Wowzz? I would have thought that they’d need 50-60% minimum just to break even, and even that would be with a reduced sized crew. Unless they are running them at a big loss just to get them back up and running for the proper restart in the Autumn? That could help explain the excessive prices?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shopaholic6 said:

I had 3 cruises and a hotel holiday cancelled last year and managed to get the money back by myself without involving All Clear travel insurance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Surely it can’t be that low Wowzz? I would have thought that they’d need 50-60% minimum just to break even, and even that would be with a reduced sized crew. Unless they are running them at a big loss just to get them back up and running for the proper restart in the Autumn? That could help explain the excessive prices?

My friend was given the option of any balcony or Suite grade on Britannia.

They never enquired about inside cabins on my advice.

12 minutes ago, davecttr said:

has anyone managed to book via the web site

P&O posted on their FB site that there is a problem with their IT systems, web bookings and phone lines.  Apparently this has not affected TA booking systems.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

My TA informed me when I booked that my cruise in August on the Iona was sailing at 45% and it was almost fully booked that was at 8,30 this morning 

That would make a lot more sense than 20%. I wonder if they might release more cabins if demand exceeds supply, although 45% on Iona is still almost 2,500 passengers, so that might be enough for them to establish the new ship and ensure that everyone gets a positive experience? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

P&O posted on their FB site that there is a problem with their IT systems, web bookings and phone lines.  Apparently this has not affected TA booking systems.

There's a surprise! At least we know that in a year when almost everything has changed, P&O’s IT systems have survived in exactly the same shape as before 😂 

• Like 8
  • Haha 7

13 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

What a surprise 😂

16 hours ago, shopaholic6 said:

Good luck to everyone booking P&O tomorrow - I definitely want to go on one of these UK cruises, however it’s not really financially viable for me to book at the moment and I think once I’m ready to, they will be booked up - but please please come back and let us know how you got on and what you have booked! 😀😀

Okay so my willpower didn't really hold out and I'm now on the Iona maiden🤦‍♀️ 🤣🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 3