Booking 2 people in a 3 person room

I am looking at booking a cruise on Freedom, Jan 24, 2022. I found corner aft OVB rooms that I love. The balconies are huge, and make up for the small size of the room. However, I can't book for two people or 1 person in the room. It is crazy that they will only put 3 people in a room that the third person has to sleep above the heads of the 2 people in the bed below!

I'm interested in switching from a shared JS for my family of 3 to two rooms for the 3 of us, rooms 7408 and 7410. I couldn't price or book for less than 3 in one of these rooms on the website. I called and the rep on the phone said he couldn't either. 

Considering that they will likely be sailing at reduced capacity (if at all) at this point... I don't get it. Is there a way to make this happen that I'm missing?

3 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

I am looking at booking a cruise on Freedom, Jan 24, 2022. I found corner aft OVB rooms that I love. The balconies are huge, and make up for the small size of the room. However, I can't book for two people or 1 person in the room. It is crazy that they will only put 3 people in a room that the third person has to sleep above the heads of the 2 people in the bed below!

I'm interested in switching from a shared JS for my family of 3 to two rooms for the 3 of us, rooms 7408 and 7410. I couldn't price or book for less than 3 in one of these rooms on the website. I called and the rep on the phone said he couldn't either. 

Considering that they will likely be sailing at reduced capacity (if at all) at this point... I don't get it. Is there a way to make this happen that I'm missing?

They may at some point in the future reduce the occupancy restrictions.  There are many that end up paying for the third guest and having them be a no show just to get some of these cabins. 

you could always book for three (refundable) and watch occupancy requirements and then drop the third guest if they change. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

A phone call can do wonders, especially if you are Diamond. We like to book veranda cabins on Celebrity that have the bed by the bath; these usually are designated for 3or 4 people and the cruiseline is reluctant to book them for just two. But we have had no difficulty being able to book these cabins when we call our big box TA. My latest plea is "We really need the bed by the bath but don't want to go into details."

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

I will try to get ahold of someone who can make it happen... or get creative like Ken suggested!

How they control cabin occupancy  on Celebrity is very different than how Royal does  unfortunately.  On Celebrity there are double and triple occupancy cabins in the same category where on Royal they are separate and if there are occupancy restrictions they do not often waiver.  C&A status also means nothing when it comes to removing occupancy restrictions. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

How they control cabin occupancy  on Celebrity is very different than how Royal does  unfortunately.  On Celebrity there are double and triple occupancy cabins in the same category where on Royal they are separate and if there are occupancy restrictions they do not often waiver.  C&A status also means nothing when it comes to removing occupancy restrictions. 

Good to know. I just may stick with a JS for the 3 of us. I can get an aft JS for the 3 of us for a good price.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TMLAalum said:

A phone call can do wonders, especially if you are Diamond. We like to book veranda cabins on Celebrity that have the bed by the bath; these usually are designated for 3or 4 people and the cruiseline is reluctant to book them for just two. But we have had no difficulty being able to book these cabins when we call our big box TA. My latest plea is "We really need the bed by the bath but don't want to go into details."

I have not had any issue booking the 3/4 cabin for the 2 of us on Celebrity.   I always book bed by bath. 

You can book room 1804 (1854 is the same, but booked) on Freedom on that date.  There are only 2 room like that.  You get 1 1/2 baths, a bed, one sofa bed and 2 bunks in a little alcove.  It's huge!  It's a suite, so you get the suite perks.  Check it out!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, waterfever said:

You can book room 1804 (1854 is the same, but booked) on Freedom on that date.  There are only 2 room like that.  You get 1 1/2 baths, a bed, one sofa bed and 2 bunks in a little alcove.  It's huge!  It's a suite, so you get the suite perks.  Check it out!

Thanks, I would love that one if it had a balcony! I loved sitting on my balcony before Covid, think I will make sure I have one post-Covid. Just in case anything goes awry and we get quarantined.

9 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

FWIW, we have two people in a 2 Bedroom GS.  (We may add another couple)  They didn't bat an eye when I asked to book it.

You had better luck than I did. It's probably for the best, as my husband now says he doesn't like the idea of our daughter being in a room by herself. 

11 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

You had better luck than I did. It's probably for the best, as my husband now says he doesn't like the idea of our daughter being in a room by herself. 

Like others said I would stick with JS.   What age is your daughter?

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Like others said I would stick with JS.   What age is your daughter?

Funny thing is, she will be 18 then, a freshman at college. He's just a bit of a protective dad, lol. 

I did find that the deck 11 JS rooms are actually available (I thought they were sold out). Turns out, the website doesn't have them on the forward section of the ship on their website like all the other ships with these new rooms. They are under mid. So we will be booking one of those. Our daughter and I are wanting to try one of these rooms so close to the solarium.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Roysl has removed the occupancy restrictions on nearly all suites. 

Yes...they have we had the Oceanview Panoramic Suite on Freedom booked for just the two of us.

Too bad it was for Canada N/E this October and cancelled.

• Like 2