Air2Sea - Bahama's, no Transportation?

Hi all,

I booked my first Air2Sea and did it online.

I was trying to figure out transportation from airport to cruise terminal and was told at this time they can't offer that.

Has anyone else heard this?

Anyone else planning Uber or Lift when they get there or know of a good transportation company we can use once we get there or book in advance?

4 minutes ago, twangster said:

Noticed the same but figured there are months to work it out so I'll look again sometime in May.

Could be hour long bus ride with your closest friends, probably all get numbers of each bus load so be easier for contact tracing later. Lets hope they don't pack those buses like tenders.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

Is there a number to call for Air2Sea questions? I am on the Transportation page and when I click on, call a representative, the webpage says No longer available. I have never used Air2Sea and I am trying to book online, Jetblue from FLL to Nassau. I went through the booking but there is no place to select a seat or to pay for baggage. Any one have advice?

3 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Is there a number to call for Air2Sea questions? I am on the Transportation page and when I click on, call a representative, the webpage says No longer available. I have never used Air2Sea and I am trying to book online, Jetblue from FLL to Nassau. I went through the booking but there is no place to select a seat or to pay for baggage. Any one have advice?

I called 1.844.278.9745 - long hold today

• Like 1

I'll walk it if I have to.  10 miles?  No problem. 🙂 

6 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

My confirmation email has this number:

Call us at 1-877-202-4340 or Contact your Travel Agent

The Royal website has this URL

TEL: 18003276700

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, twangster said:

I'll walk it if I have to.  

LOL..........Might be the safest way...........Sounds like a logistics nightmare, for beginning of  the cruise and for the end of the cruise............Pass !

For Bermuda, it's a 7 hour walk from the Airport to Kings Wharf.......

Edited by Jimbo

Just now, sandebeach said:

Oh dear, that concerns me.

You should get a confirmation # after booking  Air2Sea..........Use that and go to the airline's site.  Most times you can do it right online without calling.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

You should get a confirmation # after booking  Air2Sea..........Use that and go to the airline's site.  Most times you can do it right online without calling.

My husband said he tried to do that, but it is too early 🤷‍♀️

Also, I should not assume things because I thought the airport and the wharf were in close proximity. Yikes I hate the thought of having to secure transport. 

23 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

LOL..........Might be the safest way...........Sounds like a logistics nightmare, for beginning of  the cruise and for the end of the cruise............Pass !

For Bermuda, it's a 7 hour walk from the Airport to Kings Wharf.......

Why?  Flying to Barcelona requires a longer transfer.  Flying to Orlando requires a longer transfer.

Worst cases?  "Taxi!"

You seem really down on the whole idea of flying to a cruise.  Some of us have been doing it for years.  It isn't that hard.    

• Like 4

I'd expect a certain level of local economy support is part of what The Bahamas expects, and things like providing work for individual taxi drivers rather than permitting group bus transport from airport to ship is at least part of some agreement in place, written or unwritten.

And I suppose it could also be a reticence to create more opportunities before boarding for cross-infection by group large numbers of people on a bus right out of the airport, before a level of screening to board the ship takes place to ensure negative test/vaccinations, etc.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, twangster said:

Why?  Flying to Barcelona requires a longer transfer.  Flying to Orlando requires a longer transfer.

Worst cases?  "Taxi!"

You seem really down on the whole idea of flying to a cruise.  Some of us have been doing it for years.  It isn't that hard.    

Agree.  One word answers so many questions like this:  TAXI  🙂

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bouhunter said:

Agree.  One word answers so many questions like this:  TAXI  🙂

Taxis are worth the premium over bus transfers if there is one.    Wait for an hour or two for a bus to fill up or walk outside and... TAXI!.

• Like 5

I was told there currently is no transportation options but was able to pick seats. The air2sea was over $150 cheaper per flight than anything I could book direct so I’m guessing they worked out a deal. I was able to book a 11:15 flight after the cruise. The agent said it’s well within parameters and wouldn’t allow it if a issue. We would probably self embark as soon as possible and I’m thinking early morning would be less traffic/issues vs getting off the ship mid morning?

All other flights are later afternoon or evening

• Like 1

I have no issues using a taxi. Just didn’t want to get scammed 🙂 I am too much of a planner lol. Hubby always tells me I plan too much and need to relax 😉 it’s vacation after all!  Soooo can’t wait to cruise again !

1 minute ago, CruisingHogFan said:

I was told there currently is no transportation options but was able to pick seats. The air2sea was over $150 cheaper per flight than anything I could book direct so I’m guessing they worked out a deal. I was able to book a 11:15 flight after the cruise. The agent said it’s well within parameters and wouldn’t allow it if a issue. We would probably self embark as soon as possible and I’m thinking early morning would be less traffic/issues vs getting off the ship mid morning?

All other flights are later afternoon or evening

I'm thinking after a year+ of little income local transportation services are going to be out in force when the ship is in port eager to do business.

2 minutes ago, Akina13 said:

I have no issues using a taxi. Just didn’t want to get scammed 🙂 I am too much of a planner lol. Hubby always tells me I plan too much and need to relax 😉 it’s vacation after all!  Soooo can’t wait to cruise again !

Just ask questions up front.  What is the total fare?  Per person or for everyone.  Any other fees? etc.

No different than Europe where the taxi drivers are eager to scam. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Not at all, we lived in the northeast, only ever drove 3 or 4 times to cruises. ALL the other times we have flown.

18 minutes ago, dswallow said:

So, it's around $22 for two people, extra is $3 according to this rate chart. i.e., $11 per person - share a cab if you're by yourself.  I am sure you won't be the only one going to the cruise port, that is if you fly in the day of the cruise.

When I took the Royal Caribbean transportation option in San Juan, the charge as I recall was $18 per person. So the Taxi rate for Nassau is really comparable on that basis. Maybe a bit higher for a solo traveler unless you just share with a stranger but even going alone as a solo is still quite reasonable.