Air2Sea - Bahama's, no Transportation?

Seems it would make it so much easier if Royal charters flights to and from Nassau and Bermuda. Fly from NYC, Miami and perhaps Orlando. Fly in the morning of the cruise so folks aren't scrambling to get hotels. Cost would be controlled. Charge what it cost's Royal to charter plus add some extra to cover administrative costs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dawniepoo said:

My husband said he tried to do that, but it is too early 🤷‍♀️

Also, I should not assume things because I thought the airport and the wharf were in close proximity. Yikes I hate the thought of having to secure transport. 

Every Airline is different, also matters on the type(class) of tickets you bought.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coaster said:

Seems it would make it so much easier if Royal charters flights to and from Nassau and Bermuda. Fly from NYC, Miami and perhaps Orlando. Fly in the morning of the cruise so folks aren't scrambling to get hotels. Cost would be controlled. Charge what it cost's Royal to charter plus add some extra to cover administrative costs. 

I suspect the Bahamian Government would like for for this to generate at least some tourist spending.

We all know how narrow and crowded the streets are at the port. I can imagine scores of TAXI's from the airport lined up next to the carriage horses. There is a gate or 2 reserved for cargo and military at the pier. CruiseLine busses could use those to unload those guests at the pier without being sitting in the TAXI line. Like at all other ports you have a choice. Cruise line or taxi/other?

Sailing AD 12 June.

Rick 

On 3/25/2021 at 11:20 AM, Akina13 said:

Hi all,

I booked my first Air2Sea and did it online.

I was trying to figure out transportation from airport to cruise terminal and was told at this time they can't offer that.

Has anyone else heard this?

Anyone else planning Uber or Lift when they get there or know of a good transportation company we can use once we get there or book in advance?

There is no Uber or Lyft.  But if you look at google maps you can see that it’s a 20 minute taxi ride. Lots of transportation options available online.  But hopefully the cruise line will add an option as well.  Everything takes longer to arrange when you are working with large numbers of people during COVID.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robtulipe said:

Did you notice that those fares are as of Dec. 2004 so quite likely they are not current.

No I hadn't noticed. I did some hunting and discovered this from RoadTrafficTaxi-CabNewProvidenceZoneFaresAmendmentRegulations2017.pdf (bahamas.gov.bs) which is wonderfully legible, right? If I can't find a better version, I'll make one myself and post it. But I did discover some supporting documentation from elsewhere that these prices from 2017 don't seem to have changed as of 2020, so probably are still current. This 2017 price update refers to it being the first taxi rate change in over 8 years (20% fare rise to keep taxis ‘above water’ | The Tribune (tribune242.com))

LPIA - the airport is the 1st row/column. Prince George Dock (labeled "P.G. Dock") is the 10th row/column.

image.thumb.png.bb89a80794e76aea4a15c32ef242060b.png

From: Nassau Taxi Service, Fares & Tours (bermuda-attractions.com)

image.thumb.png.49255c854830f379b7a9ca259c92671f.png

Edited by dswallow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

People have said they "will do anything just to get on a ship again".  Except, maybe, have to pay an extra $30 for a taxi.   The internet reports today that there is an "organized" boycott of RCCL over the vaccine mandate.  So, maybe there won't even be a cruise.😇

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, teacherman said:

People have said they "will do anything just to get on a ship again".  Except, maybe, have to pay an extra $30 for a taxi.   The internet reports today that there is an "organized" boycott of RCCL over the vaccine mandate.  So, maybe there won't even be a cruise.😇

Who’s boycotting? Just those that don’t want to get a shot.  I really don’t think that is even close to a majority of cruisers.

• Like 2

I do believe that cruise lines MIGHT be safer to only take vaccinated passengers.  Especially after what we saw on a couple of cruise ships when this first began.  Just the potential of having to deal with sick passengers is enough to make that decision a bit easier.  I also read comments on the boycott from people who said they are not going if they have to wear a mask and socially distance.  Just like old times, "it's my vacation and I will do what I want to do".

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, teacherman said:

Especially after what we saw on a couple of cruise ships when this first began. 

Mandatory testing alone would have stopped what happened on cruise ships early on. There's no way 1 82 yr old on Diamond Princess was solely responsible for 700+ people getting covid.

• Like 1

If some folks could proof this with the original government document at, it'd be appreciated. It's a horribly poor resolution in that document and I tried my best to compare both prices to figure out what they were, but some things like a 5 vs a 9 in places was really painful to differentiate, so I could have misread something.

RoadTrafficTaxi-CabNewProvidenceZoneFaresAmendmentRegulations2017.pdf (bahamas.gov.bs)

The full resolution version of the uploaded image is:

http://www.2150.com/files/cc/Nassau/Nassau_Taxi_Rates_2021.03.27.jpg

Nassau_Taxi_Rates_2021_03_27.thumb.jpg.33ba5fddaccb144c3222a6fa2b7953e6.jpg

Edited by dswallow

I don't mind having to pay for a taxi at all. I am just trying to get my ducks in a row and plan 🙂 I have taken taxi's a lot from Cozumel to Mr. Sancho's and back. Guess I won't be able to do that this time around, but I am ok with that as well.

we just made our reservations on Air/Sea choice air on Bahamas Airline for our August cruise on Adverturer.  Talked to Choice Air and they have not yet worked out the transfer requirements to the pier from airport.  They said to check in a month or so because it wasn't an option when we booked.

Also looking on Bahama Air, it looks like you need to have Health Visa.  Also Bahama Air says you must have a COVID test 5 days prior from the date of arrival in the Bahamas. The name and address of where the lab test was taken must be on the paperwork.  Once you receive the negative result, a Health Travel Visa will be required by all passengers (can go to their website for it) where the negative covid test needs to be uploaded.  There appears to be a charge for this, but not sure if this applies to those cruising out of the Bahamas or those staying on the island.

20 hours ago, teacherman said:

An organized boycott? LOL!  as long as people are booking, it really doesn’t matter who doesn’t.   There are 2 ships sailing North America this summer.  And they won’t be booked to capacity, so not sure what the boycotters expect to achieve....

didn't want to start a new thread....but in regards to air to sea...I booked it last week and paid last week as well. When I try to go to American Airlines website it still says my ticket is pending and to call to pay my balance....how long does it normally take for them to realize I have paid in full?

On 3/25/2021 at 9:26 AM, Jimbo said:

Could be hour long bus ride with your closest friends, probably all get numbers of each bus load so be easier for contact tracing later. Lets hope they don't pack those buses like tenders.

Yeah, but they are now starting pack Planes again like PreCovid days. Wouldnt expect have empty seats around you on Buses... Agree on the Contact Tracing

Edited by ONECRUISER