QM2 Atrium view inside cabin # 6142 on TA crossing 14 - 22 Dec 2021 - comments on what the cabin is like, please.

Devon Bloke

Good afternoon everyone,

My husband and I are booked to go on the QM2 on the 14 - 22 Dec 2021 TA crossing, Southampton to New York. (fingers crossed that international travel Covid restrictions will have been eased by then, of course)

We've done this crossing on a number of times in an inside cabin on deck 4.

I've gone for an atrium view inside cabin (# 6142) on deck 6 on this occassion.

I would have preferred a similar atrium cabin on deck 5 but none were available.

I note on the QM2 deck plans that the cabin is immediately under the Kings Court.

Does anyone have any experience of these Deck 6 atrium view cabins, in terms of noise from the Kings Court?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Chart Room Princess said:

I was upgraded to one of those cabins once. We did hear banging and pounding at all hours of the night. It sounded like we were under a dish washing or food prep area. I would recommend staying elsewhere.  Our deck 5 atrium view was silent.

Good evening Chart Room Princess,

Thank you for your response and comment. You've  confirmed what I have heard elsewhere. I'm going to contact Cunard tomorrow, and ask to change my stateroom to an inside cabin on deck 5 midships. (As at the time of writing this at 21:00hrs on 25/03/21 have had a look at the Cunard website for this sailing and  cabin #  5126 is available)

Slightly odd to be asking for a downgrade! 🙂

Cheers

Andy

My partner and I will be on board with you for the 15 December crossing.  We're also on the Dutch Markets trip, immediately preceding it. While we have a balcony for the trans-Atlantic, I've always been intrigued by those atrium-view rooms, and so have Cabin 6147 booked.  It's only 5 days, and I have a pretty high tolerance for noise, so I guess I'll be wearing ear plugs to sleep for that trip!

@Chart Room Princess

On 3/25/2021 at 9:01 PM, Devon Bloke said:

Good evening Chart Room Princess,

Thank you for your response and comment. You've  confirmed what I have heard elsewhere. I'm going to contact Cunard tomorrow, and ask to change my stateroom to an inside cabin on deck 5 midships. (As at the time of writing this at 21:00hrs on 25/03/21 have had a look at the Cunard website for this sailing and  cabin #  5126 is available)

Slightly odd to be asking for a downgrade! 🙂

Cheers

Andy

@Chart Room Princess - I spoke with Cunard this morning...and have "downgraded" to cabin # 5126. (I prefer getting a good night's sleep to having a picture window 😁)

5 hours ago, frankp01 said:

My partner and I will be on board with you for the 15 December crossing.  We're also on the Dutch Markets trip, immediately preceding it. While we have a balcony for the trans-Atlantic, I've always been intrigued by those atrium-view rooms, and so have Cabin 6147 booked.  It's only 5 days, and I have a pretty high tolerance for noise, so I guess I'll be wearing ear plugs to sleep for that trip!

Will have to chat with you on our 15 December crossing then, to hear what cabin # 6147 was like.

Daft question... will you have to disembark at the end of the Dutch Markets trip on 15 Dec  and then reimbark for your TA to NYC?

1 hour ago, Devon Bloke said:

@Chart Room Princess

@Chart Room Princess - I spoke with Cunard this morning...and have "downgraded" to cabin # 5126. (I prefer getting a good night's sleep to having a picture window 😁)

Glad you did. I am sure that you will be better off. If you can ever get an atrium view on the 5th floor you will appreciate it more.

13 hours ago, Devon Bloke said:

will you have to disembark at the end of the Dutch Markets trip on 15 Dec  and then reimbark for your TA to NYC?

We were just discussing that. We've done back to back crossings, and are cleared by British immigration en route. While we've disembarked to spend the day in Southampton, we have never been instructed that we have to. The Dutch trip obviously involves the EU, and I don't know if immigration will be conducted on board. So it remains to be seen. We have a (QM2 newbie) friend from London joining us at Southampton. I don't know whether we'll want to spend some time ashore doing some shopping/sightseeing or whisking him right aboard so we can start his indoctrination ASAP.

1 hour ago, frankp01 said:

We were just discussing that. We've done back to back crossings, and are cleared by British immigration en route. While we've disembarked to spend the day in Southampton, we have never been instructed that we have to. The Dutch trip obviously involves the EU, and I don't know if immigration will be conducted on board. So it remains to be seen. We have a (QM2 newbie) friend from London joining us at Southampton. I don't know whether we'll want to spend some time ashore doing some shopping/sightseeing or whisking him right aboard so we can start his indoctrination ASAP.

Ah...the unkown factor that comes with Brexit - (I was VERY pro-remain/VERY anti-Brexit)😉

Your comment "whisking him right aboard so we can start his indoctrination ASAP" makes it sound like an induction into a religious order...which I suppose for some QM2 fans, it is 😅. When my hubbie and I took our first QM2 TA...we couldn't wait to get on board and start exploring! Yeah...I'd get him aboard ASAP to begin the indoctrination! 🤣

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Devon Bloke said:

(I was VERY pro-remain/VERY anti-Brexit)

We'll have to get together on board (Cruise Critic meetup, if there is one, or FOD) so you and our London friend can commiserate. He was also **very** anti-Brexit. Still is. We have to be careful raising the issue or we set him off on a tirade.