Question: Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina - Which room category has a view of Port Everglades cruise port?

QueensChick

Question: Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina - Which room category has a view of Port Everglades cruise port?

Ā 

They have Marina View, Intracoastal View and Water View, and Iā€™m a little confused as to which is which.

Ā 

Thanks in advance to all of you knowledgeable cruise critics! šŸ˜€

The Hilton Marina thread by JerseyGirlJen has several pictures from room 703.Ā  Looks like a view out over the intracoastal.Ā  Looks northeast toward the cruise liner sized yachts owned by the oligarchs . That's away from the Port Everglades cruise terminal

Ā 

I'd agree that calling to ask which rooms have views of what is the best course of action.

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

On 3/26/2021 at 4:59 PM, Cienfuegos said:

The Hilton Marina thread by JerseyGirlJen has several pictures from room 703.Ā  Looks like a view out over the intracoastal.Ā  Looks northeast toward the cruise liner sized yachts owned by the oligarchs . That's away from the Port Everglades cruise terminal

Ā 

I'd agree that calling to ask which rooms have views of what is the best course of action.

Ā 

Ā 

we stayed in 1126 - which was a high tower room, with a direct view of the port, water taxi landing, draw bridge, and unfortunately when we stayed there in 12/19, an area that was being used to stage construction supplies/containers during their renovation

Ā 

would try to book that exact room again, but can't remember if it was that stay that had a connecting room that was, well noisy ... definitely call first

It is confusing. Ā You definitely want to be in the "tower", otherwise you'll get the 2 floor "villa" style rooms, which won't give you that view. Ā I believe "high floor water view" is what you're looking for, but I'd call to clarify just in case. Ā I also understand that the Hilton Honors floor is floor 14, so you might have to request a port view.

Ā 

If you are a Hilton Honors member andĀ book through Hilton directly,Ā you can choose your actual room 1-2 days prior to arrival on the app, they have a map so you can see exactly what room you'll be in.Ā 

Edited by JerseyGirlJen

8 minutes ago, JerseyGirlJen said:

It is confusing. Ā You definitely want to be in the "tower", otherwise you'll get the 2 floor "villa" style rooms, which won't give you that view. Ā I believe "high floor water view" is what you're looking for, but I'd call to clarify just in case. Ā I also understand that the Hilton Honors floor is floor 14, so you might have to request a port view.

Ā 

If you are a Hilton Honors member andĀ book through Hilton directly,Ā you can choose your actual room 1-2 days prior to arrival on the app, they have a map so you can see exactly what room you'll be in.Ā 

You can pick your room, IF THEY OFFER a selection...which they don't always do. I am waiting to see my room assignment for a stay at a hotel that never gives a choice of rooms.

Ā 

And it's the day before, only, in my experience. Never seen them offer greater than that. Isn't that a Diamond benefit only?

8 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

You can pick your room, IF THEY OFFER a selection...which they don't always do. I am waiting to see my room assignment for a stay at a hotel that never gives a choice of rooms.

Ā 

And it's the day before, only, in my experience. Never seen them offer greater than that. Isn't that a Diamond benefit only?

I've used it in the past and I'm not Diamond, it's available even as a new member...at least it used to be. Ā I guess it depends onĀ the hotel, because I have chosen 2 days in advance at least once. Ā I've never had a problem with it not being offered, but who knows.

1 hour ago, JerseyGirlJen said:

I've used it in the past and I'm not Diamond, it's available even as a new member...at least it used to be. Ā I guess it depends onĀ the hotel, because I have chosen 2 days in advance at least once. Ā I've never had a problem with it not being offered, but who knows.

Been trying to check into a Waldorf all day for tomorrow...they keep telling me "they don't have a room to show me" but not to worry,Ā  they will have a room for me when I arrive. Last time this happened, I got a very nice upgrade. But not holding my breath.

On 3/31/2021 at 8:49 PM, CruiserBruce said:

Been trying to check into a Waldorf all day for tomorrow...they keep telling me "they don't have a room to show me" but not to worry,Ā  they will have a room for me when I arrive. Last time this happened, I got a very nice upgrade. But not holding my breath.

Maybe with "the situation" this past year they aren't doing the choose in advance option? Ā I hope you get a nice upgrade, that will be worth it! Ā šŸ˜ƒā˜€ļøšŸ›³ļøšŸ¹

34 minutes ago, JerseyGirlJen said:

Maybe with "the situation" this past year they aren't doing the choose in advance option? Ā I hope you get a nice upgrade, that will be worth it! Ā šŸ˜ƒā˜€ļøšŸ›³ļøšŸ¹

Nope...got the level room we booked. But this a fantastic place, very happy to be here.

• Like 1