JULY cancellations

zoncom

3 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Interesting article, thanks for posting it.  What do you think the chances are that Norwegian has submitted this fully vaccinated plan to the CDC anticipating it being rejected by the CDC thus giving Norwegian and the cruise industry grounds for filing a lawsuit?  Either way, I'm glad to see at least one operator seems to be taking the bull by the horns.  Thanks again for posting this.

I think you are correct that Norwegian will be the Big 3's test case against the CDC. No way CDC will allow any sailings in July. This is nothing more than legal maneuvering to be in a position to sue. IMHO

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Was that one cabin which was available the one you had booked previously?

image.thumb.png.e86ef217573dfec298869e829c24ab41.png

July 9, 2021 NY --> Burmuda. I was in a B1 Category.

Edited by thepla
did not see rest of question
  • Thanks 1

I just heard on one of the video channels that NCLH will probably need to cancel all of their July cruises as when people booked them, there was no mask requirement.  The commentator thought it would be just easier if all July sailings were cancelled and new bookings would require PAX to agree to a waiver that they are agreeing to prove they've been vaccinated before being allowed to book.  Plus, it will make it easier for them to cut off bookings at the 60% mark.

49 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I just heard on one of the video channels that NCLH will probably need to cancel all of their July cruises as when people booked them, there was no mask requirement.  The commentator thought it would be just easier if all July sailings were cancelled and new bookings would require PAX to agree to a waiver that they are agreeing to prove they've been vaccinated before being allowed to book.  Plus, it will make it easier for them to cut off bookings at the 60% mark.

Not necessary. Junk News!

1. Cruisers have not made final payment yet for those July cruises. Oceania can give them the final rules and protocols and those passengers can then either (a) make final payment and cruise, or ( b) cancel and get their deposits back.

2. What the uninformed video channel doesn’t know is that FDR has REPEATEDLY stated that Oceania has only been booking these cruises to 50-60 percent capacity. REPEATEDLY!

• Thanks 1

I just got this from the CEO of Oceania:  "We anticipate sharing our detailed health and safety protocols once we announce Oceania Cruises’ return to sailing dates."  

I just checked, my July cruise is still showing on O's website.

Edited by Daniel A

3 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I just got this from the CEO of Oceania:  "We anticipate sharing our detailed health and safety protocols once we announce Oceania Cruises’ return to sailing dates."  

I glanced through that email and I'm pretty sure it doesn't say anything new that they haven't been saying for months. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Well, now it's carved in stone.  All O cruises cancelled through July 31, 2021.

Coronavirus Statement - Oceania Cruises

Does the refund go straight to your credit card or does it go through the travel agent?

Depends on whether Oceania charged your credit card directly or the agent charged you and then in a separate transaction paid Oceania.  Your card statement should tell you who charged your card.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Well, now it's carved in stone.  All O cruises cancelled through July 31, 2021.

Coronavirus Statement - Oceania Cruises

Does the refund go straight to your credit card or does it go through the travel agent?

Look at your credit card statement to see which entity the payment went to.  If your credit payment was to Oceania then it will be refunded directly by Oceania to that credit card. If your credit card payment was to the travel agency then the travel agency would have the made the payment to Oceania and the refund from O would go to the TA, who would then have to issue a refund to you.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, our TA just forwarded the notice from 'O', that our 31 July, 53 day Northern Odyssey is canceled.  They offered us space on the 46 day similar 2022 cruise, but it misses some of what this one offered, so we're going to do something else, instead.

Good thing that we had booked 2 more Oceania cruises, fall 2021 and fall 2022, are wait listed on a spring Oceania trip and have 2 HAL adventures to anticipate. 🚢  Agree with Bob Brown, the 46 day similar 2022 cruise is not a good exchange for this year's NY-NY 53 days.