The elephant in the room..

19 minutes ago, Ellaleah said:

There can’t be new variants if the viruses have no place to go.  That is exactly why we need everyone possible to get vaccinated and people who refuse to do so should not be rewarded allowing them to cruise.

AMEN. 

Vacation is a privilege that should only be awarded to people who do the right thing. 

Remember back in the beginning of the pandemic when people told "scared people" to stay home? Well if you're afraid to get the vaccine, STAY HOME.

Edited by Doggielover68
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Doggielover68 said:

False. Florida still has a testing positivity rate of over 10%, which places Florida pretty high on the list for cases. That also doesn't include the spring break idiots that took covid home to other states as a souvenir. 

OMG! Wrong! And not even close.  

Positivity rate is even more irrelevant for reasons everyone should know by now.  Like worthlessly irrelevant.  Good heavens. 

And it's 6.2%.  Hasn't been over 10% in weeks, not that it matters.  Seriously, stop believing the CDC.  Their money train is the only thing they care about. 

We should have been cruising from Florida since June.  We are conclusive proof of that.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, boatseller said:

OMG! Wrong! And not even close.  

Positivity rate is even more irrelevant for reasons everyone should know by now.  Like worthlessly irrelevant.  Good heavens. 

And it's 6.2%.  Hasn't been over 10% in weeks, not that it matters.  Seriously, stop believing the CDC.  Their money train is the only thing they care about. 

We should have been cruising from Florida since June.  We are conclusive proof of that.

Yep, I"ve been to Florida 4X since March 2020 and loved every minute it.  Coming from craphole, lockdown, mask-em up Illinois, Florida is a shining light.   No worse stats than average yet Florida is open and lively and working.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Doggielover68 said:

AMEN. 

Vacation is a privilege that should only be awarded to people who do the right thing. 

Remember back in the beginning of the pandemic when people told "scared people" to stay home? Well if you're afraid to get the vaccine, STAY HOME.

I hate to break it to you but reality will eventually catch up.  People are not staying home.  Vacation, including cruising, is an absolute right for everybody.  Our parks are packed and I guarantee barely 15% would qualify for the vax right now.  No one cares.

No one is stopping you from taking care of yourself.  Just like no one has the moral standing to make these decisions for me.

If you have reason to worry, you can choose to stay home.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, fuddrules said:

Yep, I"ve been to Florida 4X since March 2020 and loved every minute it.  Coming from craphole, lockdown, mask-em up Illinois, Florida is a shining light.   No worse stats than average yet Florida is open and lively and working.

Perhaps you missed

5 hours ago, ObstructedView2 said:

Oh my.....!!!  

As of March 22, (over the last seven days), Florida has had the most Covid-19 cases IN THE COUNTRY, according to data from the (CDC), the 12th highest per capita case-rate, the fourth highest number of deaths, and the 17th highest death rate.

😷

6 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Perhaps you missed

Nope, didn't.

As noted, per capita, Florida is like many others regarding Covid - no biggie.  Yet it's open for business and enjoyable.

Edited by fuddrules
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, boatseller said:

I hate to break it to you but reality will eventually catch up.  People are not staying home.  Vacation, including cruising, is an absolute right for everybody.  Our parks are packed and I guarantee barely 15% would qualify for the vax right now.  No one cares.

No one is stopping you from taking care of yourself.  Just like no one has the moral standing to make these decisions for me.

If you have reason to worry, you can choose to stay home.

Or, you could get vaccinated to help protect everyone. 

Edited by Doggielover68
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, boatseller said:

What's selfish and entitled is expecting other people to cancel their lives for no reason.

No one is stopping you or anyone else from taking care of themselves. 

It's my right to cruise, its your choice to not.

Again, not a right. It is a luxury! You don't have to cancel your life. But you can't get whatever you want. Even colleges require vaccines. If you need a vaccine for college, you definitely need one for an optional activity. 

Edited by Doggielover68
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, hurricane0226 said:

Nearly 50 percent of seniors have been vaccinated,  and the age drops next week to 40 yr

olds, and April will drop to 18 yr olds, guess our governor is doing it right.

Cool. I have no beef with vaccinated people. The more the better. 

I'm angry at the people who are making excuses. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Doggielover68 said:

Again, not a right. It is a luxury! You don't have to cancel your life. But you can't get whatever you want. Even colleges require vaccines. If you need a vaccine for college, you definitely need one for an optional activity. 

Freedom of movement is an absolute right.  But it would have been fun to visit East Germany. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, hurricane0226 said:

Kool, I grew up in West Texas, till I joined the Navy, now live in Fl.

I haven't lived in Texas for more than 8 days at a time so far, but I have already picked my early retirement apartment in Uptown, and my regular saloons and BBQ joints.  And the live music!!!

27 minutes ago, firefly333 said:
1 hour ago, Ellaleah said:

How do you know who has and who hasnt gotten a vaccine by their posts? Maybe they already have.

And those of us who have been vaccinated think cruising should restart. My carnival vista for this sept hangs in jeopardy. Time for carnival to start moving toward resuming. It's time to start thinking about resuming living. Some here want deaths at 0 before resuming from the sound of it, but it's ok to cram a airplane full of people. 

I was responding to Boatseller, who said that it was a right to be free to travel.  He’s making a lot of noise about his rights and freedom being infringed upon if he wants a vax.  I believe that he has stated he will not be getting one.  I am hoping for fully vaccinated cruises for all so that we can feel safe.  Stop fighting the science and get a shot.  Vaccines for most all is the only way to stop the virus from mutating into new variants.  We must leave no hosts for the virus!

• Like 5

18 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Seems selective data? Singapore is also only sailing with citizens, though idk maybe vaccinated.

Which other successful cruises are sailing not with only citizens and unvaccinated so we can know what you talking about. Israel will be only vaccinated.  I'm just unaware of these successful unvaccinated cruises.

All the rcl newly proposed are all for vaccinated.

There are cruise lines sailing right now in Europe, but in very controlled situations. All seem to be from citizens in limited countries. I have watched youtubes from a guy in Germany who has sailed MSC Grandiosa and ships from the Tui cruise line, Mein Schiff 1 and Mein Schiff 2.  There was one other that was a cruise to nowhere. I forget details on that one.

The Mein Schiff  cruises are very controlled. German citizens or residents only. They get on chartered planes in Germany and are flown to the Canary Islands. Negative Covid tests are required before and after the cruise along with isolation when returning. Vaccinations are  not required currently. Limited capacity on the ship. On the ship temperatures are taken daily. Strict social distancing and masking when in public areas. All excursions are ship sponsored ones only. People are not allowed to depart from the excursions. Entertainment onboard is capacity controlled.

The Grandiosa cruised from Italy. The vlogger flew independently to Italy but the general pattern was the same after that. You had to be from specific countries, had to have negative covid tests, reduced capacity, health screening, checks, masks, controlled excursions, etc.

I have to check the rules to see if I can post specific information about the youtube producer here. If so I will add a post later about him.