Cruise Port in LA

Philly Kate

We just put a deposit on the Golden Grapevines cruise that leaves from LA on 4/24/22.  I can’t figure out which cruise port Oceania uses in LA.  It may be too early, but I was someone here can give some insight.  

18 minutes ago, Philly Kate said:

We just put a deposit on the Golden Grapevines cruise that leaves from LA on 4/24/22.  I can’t figure out which cruise port Oceania uses in LA.  It may be too early, but I was someone here can give some insight.  

No guarantees, but it should be the World Cruise Center in San Pedro . Long Beach is generally only used by Carnival Corporation.

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

No guarantees, but it should be the World Cruise Center in San Pedro . Long Beach is generally only used by Carnival Corporation.

Agreed. O is usually San Pedro. 

BTW: If you know enough about wine to be “mildly dangerous,” I highly recommend hiring a private guide in Ensenada to take you to Valle de Guadalupe. We’re from NorCal and I was pleasantly surprised at the quality and value of the available wine selections.

Try vallewinelife.com. Owner’s name is David. Reasonably priced and will gear the 3-4 stops (incl casual lunch) to your knowledge, interests and means. Pickup/drop off  right near the ship.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

7 minutes ago, Clutj said:

Don’t know about touring there (although the rec sounds solid), but I will second that Valle de Guadalupe wines are quite good, not known, and great values. 

There’s also some great oenological history there as well as experiencing first hand both the already successful enterprises and the startups.(see the modern facility pic but also check out that bottle from a winery operation in a barn).

2A76258E-0335-4B4B-ADCD-220A77E3702A.jpeg

A7A672AA-582F-4FA7-88F2-E2F6CE608401.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, CruiserFromMaine said:

We’re booked on that cruise too! Thanks for the recommendation—we enjoy a nice winery/vineyard  tour!

BTW, we enjoy the Finger Lakes region too!

Though there are some standout Germanic wines in the Finger Lakes (and some decent Cabernet Franc on Long Island), Valle de Guadalupe will have a broader array of generally better wines.

Since your headed out west anyway, why not plan a few extra days up on California’s north coast in Sonoma and Mendocino Counties?