Pre launch prices / itinerary UK summer cruises

Stu UK

2 hours ago, Stu UK said:

Has anyone been able to find prices, dates & itineraries for MSC Virtuosa due to launch tomorrow?

No, there appears to be a 'veil of secrecy' in place! That said, the 7 night itineraries which commence from June I understand sail from Southampton on a Saturday, visit Portland Sunday, at sea Monday, Liverpool Tuesday....beyond that they visit Belfast and Greenock and have another sea day, presumably Friday, but unsure what order Belfast and Greenock are in i.e. on Wednesdays and Thursdays!

Embarkation ports are Southampton, Liverpool and Greenock.

51 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

Above TA just quoted me for Yacht Club on the first June 7N cruise from Southampton

Inside = £2,354pp

Balcony = £3,509pp

EXPENSIVE for a reduced service, Covid-controlled trip around part of the UK coast !!!!

We usually pay between £900 and £1200 for a YC Inside

Yikes....no way, we will sail another line if so!

41 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

As the cruise will be probably 20% capacity, the desire to escape in to YC is much less. 

So those YC rates are crazy. 

Capacity will likely be around 60 to 70%.

4 hours ago, Couple-Somerset said:

MSC press release says

4N premium all inclusive is from £449

7N as above is from £849

Just seen a FB advert from a TA called "Now Lets Travel" quoting £399 and £799 - Ive never heard of them and TBH I get better service dealing with MSC direct.

I'm assuming these are inside cabins.  When they had their "dummy" booking up on their site last night is was £1249 for a balcony. 

3 hours ago, Couple-Somerset said:

Above TA just quoted me for Yacht Club on the first June 7N cruise from Southampton

Inside = £2,354pp

Balcony = £3,509pp

EXPENSIVE for a reduced service, Covid-controlled trip around part of the UK coast !!!!

They are having a “giraffe” 🦒.... 

With only 1000 people on board the first sailings until 21/6 there is no reason to book YC to escape...

As they say in a certain programme “I’m out” . 

32 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

If its the one I saw then a Balcony

I think you can do Princess all inclusive for £999 in a balcony so MSC silly price of it turns out to be £1249pp

Alas Princess would be out for us due to having the kids with us.  But yes, I have doubts about "going for it" if they are charging £1249 per person for a balcony on their 7 night cruises.  

4 hours ago, Couple-Somerset said:

As the cruise will be probably 20% capacity, the desire to escape in to YC is much less. 

So those YC rates are crazy. 

Absolutely, they are essentially double normal rates!

6 hours ago, Couple-Somerset said:

Inside = £2,354pp

Balcony = £3,509pp

😳 Seriously? That's ridiculous!

Now I've no interest in sailing around the UK tbqh as cruising for us is about exploring new destinations but understand some people are very keen just to cruise. How can they justify those prices? A week, calling at Liverpool and Greenock! 

That said, with MSC not requiring passengers to be vaccinated, unlike most other lines they'll probably be demand. 

We usually sail with RC and this was to be out 1st try at MSC. However based on how they have handled swapping Magnfica to Virtuosa and their pre-booked passengers I wont be even trying them now. Truly shocked at how poor they have been.

We were paying circa £850 for 3 nights for 2 adults and a child in a Balcony Cabin (Fantastica) on 28th May. Its now Virtuosa and rather than transfer us across they said the new rate for 28th May on Virtuosa would be £2172 for the same but with an extra night. Its beyond ridiculous and at a time when cruise lines are trying to build trust, get people to re-book and take FCC rather than refunds. I would have been happy to pay some kind of supplement for the extra night but to completely disregard booked passengers like that means I now wouldnt even try them in the future.

I know demand will be strong, but companies should also have a morale compass as well as a ships compass!!! They are now charging more for this 4 nights to nowhere than a 7 night cruise in the med.