BVI extends cruise ban

BVILady

The BVI was supposed to open for cruisers in June 2021 and has been on several itineraries for this summer. The Government just announced that they will extend cruise ban to November 2021 on recommendation of CDC.

Wow, there will be a lot of pi$$ed off people from the US who are planning to fly to St Maarten this summer to get on a Celebrity ship to go to Tortola.

I know I would cancel, if I was holding a reservation. The other port stops are pretty common, can go them on a lot of ships. Not many ships go to Tortola. 

What a shame.  About the island, not the would be tourists.  

The problem is not enough residents have been vaccinated and the cases have spiked a bit.
But the gov’t also just released a statement suggesting that once a certain % of the population is vaccinated and better protected, the required quarantine for visitors arriving by jet or ferry will be only one night. So they are trying to help those visitors, as safely as allowed, and hopefully that will hide well for day visitors too...

14 hours ago, BVILady said:

The BVI was supposed to open for cruisers in June 2021 and has been on several itineraries for this summer. The Government just announced that they will extend cruise ban to November 2021 on recommendation of CDC.

Can you please share that announcement?
All I find is the ban through May 31...
Thanks!

1 hour ago, BVILady said:

It had been on one of our online news sites but isn't up any longer, they only have a few days worth up. Sorry for that.

Sorry for the misinformation, that is what I got on my search on facebook for the link:

Good morning XXXX, 284 Media reported. The written headline was a bit misleading. You have to listen to the long report on various news to get to the CDC. He simply is going along with US part of the closure there. The June ship is still in the mix

Thanks, yes time will tell, but as of now no changes...

And each line has their own agenda based on the CDC guidelines, and each their own agenda in different world regions...
Curious to see how it all works out...

The STT Ferry schedule was just released for April!

Edited by blue_water

• 2 months later...