Coral Gables Hotel Before Miami Cruise

sjmbruce

A diverse family group is going on a cruise out of Miami during the week of Easter 2022.  I'd prefer to stay away from the beach or wild crowds and I'd really like to get away from the airport. I like a few of the boutique hotels I've seen in Coral Gables. Is that too far away? Will it be a party atmosphere there as well? 

1 hour ago, sjmbruce said:

A diverse family group is going on a cruise out of Miami during the week of Easter 2022.  I'd prefer to stay away from the beach or wild crowds and I'd really like to get away from the airport. I like a few of the boutique hotels I've seen in Coral Gables. Is that too far away? Will it be a party atmosphere there as well? 

I can recommend the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Coral Gables.  Given the area in which the hotel is, I cannot imagine there will be a "party-hardy" atmosphere present.  Have not stayed there, but did attend a shareholders meeting at the hotel and had an opportunity to explore the property:  the Biltmore Hotel.  A class hotel to be sure and another property that the "party people" would not book, I don't think.  

Either hotel--too far from the Port?  When I stayed at the Hyatt, I drove to Port Everglades without issue nor did it take much time.  If one does not have a car (or cars), then getting to the Port of Miami does complicate your planning a bit.  No idea what a taxi or Uber would cost,  A private car/van service--of which there are many providers of such in South Florida--might be the most economical thing to consider.  

Edited by rkacruiser

Thanks for the suggestions! There's a few hotels in Coral Gables I am interested in staying at, but the distance is definitely the issue as everyone in my group will be flying in from Detroit and not renting a car. We'll need two XL Ubers, which will be about $45 per Uber each way. I will look into private transportation services. Thanks again!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sjmbruce said:

Thanks for the suggestions! There's a few hotels in Coral Gables I am interested in staying at, but the distance is definitely the issue as everyone in my group will be flying in from Detroit and not renting a car. We'll need two XL Ubers, which will be about $45 per Uber each way. I will look into private transportation services. Thanks again!

Take a look at downtown Miami or the Mary Brickell area just south of downtown. Many nice hotels and restaurants to choose from. The port is 10 to 15 minutes away depending where you stay. Cabs are $10-$15 dollars, Uber a little less, shared shuttles are also reasonable, we stay in the downtown area when we cruise out of Miami.

17 hours ago, sjmbruce said:

Check Larry's Limos - often suggested on this board. 😎