August 15 2021, Summit, Iceland Cruise Shore Excursions (not a roll call posting)

jjmock

Has anyone tried to look at shore excursions for this cruise and found that 1. It seems to be impossible to get into the Cruise Planner (keep getting bounced back to the main Celebrity Cruises screen), and 2. The one time I did get into the planner there are very, very few excursions available, it seems. None at all in Scotland, A few in Iceland, 3 excursions total in Greenland. Don't even ask about Halifax because its (apparently) off the table. 

I called Celebrity to inquire and the person I spoke to was pretty much clueless, but she said that she did not show any excursions as being sold out, so that in these places, there are only the very few available.

Plus, the one excursion that I found interesting in Iceland, The Blue Lagoon, if you look at the website for the Blue Lagoon, it's currently closed as a Covid precaution....

Sighs...

10 minutes ago, jjmock said:

Has anyone tried to look at shore excursions for this cruise and found that 1. It seems to be impossible to get into the Cruise Planner (keep getting bounced back to the main Celebrity Cruises screen), and 2. The one time I did get into the planner there are very, very few excursions available, it seems. None at all in Scotland, A few in Iceland, 3 excursions total in Greenland. Don't even ask about Halifax because its (apparently) off the table. 

I called Celebrity to inquire and the person I spoke to was pretty much clueless, but she said that she did not show any excursions as being sold out, so that in these places, there are only the very few available.

Plus, the one excursion that I found interesting in Iceland, The Blue Lagoon, if you look at the website for the Blue Lagoon, it's currently closed as a Covid precaution....

Sighs...

I am not on this cruise, but for two others in my planner, exact same thing happens, mostly I get the spinning blue wheel of misfortune.  Was just on my TA roll call and someone else was discussing the exact same thing

Have you seen the excursion brochure here:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/excursion-brochure/celebrity/excursions.php?ship=SM&date=2021-08-15&currency=USD#August-17

It might not offer anything you don't see on the planner but at least you can get to it and read it at your leisure. And it looks like nothing in Scotland at this time per that brochure. Looking at Celebrity's European ports page (https://www.celebritycruises.com/destinations/european-cruises/ports) it doesn't even look like Kirkwall, Scotland is a port they stop at, so maybe it's a late addition and they haven't worked out excursions yet? But they do have this  https://www.celebritycruises.com/ports/kirkwall-scotland

but the excursions seem to be in Italy?!?

Good luck!

Just now, HS2BS said:

Halifax is the capital of Nova Scotia, which the last time I looked was still in Canada, a no go country.

Hal

Not according to Celebrity, they relocated it to Australia due to the pandemic 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Royal put on hold all its TA's that departed Europe prior to 1 Nov 2021 based on CDC guidelines of all cruises greater than 7 days leaving or departing for a U.S. Port prior to that date.  I'm surprised this cruise is still open for booking.  Our Harmony of the Seas departing on 31 Oct 2021 hasn't been cancelled, but it has been closed to any more bookings.  

I just hope CDC changes its guidelines, or this cruise won't go, and neither will the Harmony 31 Ot 2021 sailing.

I wouldn't bother about booking excursions on this cruise.  We are booked on Sept 4, 2021 and we are hoping it's going to cancel,  but if not, we'll do it ourselves.  Too much uncertainty with the ports.

On 4/11/2021 at 4:26 PM, HS2BS said:

Halifax is the capital of Nova Scotia, which the last time I looked was still in Canada, a no go country.

Not according to Celebrity.  Halifax is in Nova Scotia.

This has been discussed in numerous posts.  The executive offices said it will sail if-

#1 - The UK opens to foreign nationals without a quarantine requirement.

#2 - the CDC rescinds its 7 day cruises limit

#3 - Iceland and Greenland are willing to execute medical evacuation agreements for COVID.

#4 - Halifax continues to not be part of Canada

All but #4 are as told to me by X.

This cruise will not happen.

• Like 1