O.k., am I correct abut this?

farmersfight

On 4/12/2021 at 11:31 AM, farmersfight said:

I think I answered by own question. Did a mock booking on NCL with the 30% pp. For the stateroom, the discount is still 30%, it doesn't go up to 60% (I need to sharpen up my math skills, lol). So, RCI's 60% off the 2nd person is still the better deal for us solos. Effectively reduces the solo supplement down to 40%, which was enough for me to "pull the trigger" and book a few cruises with RCI, in regular balcony staterooms!

One of the really cool cabins (I've booked two of them) is RCCL's "virtual balcony" on their larger ships.  I just booked one yesterday, and it was $60 more than a regular inside cabin.  It's a live feed 24 hours a day from a camera on the outside of the ship.  You can turn it off and adjust the volume.

I am also seeing the 60% off on all my recent bookings, which isn't as good as the DP340 promo (Crown and Anchor over 340 points) for a single at 150%, but it's still good.  The 3 night virtual balcony I booked was $687 total.  I think there was a flash sale discount of less than $50, but every little bit helps.  Always, enter state of residency, senior (if applicable), and Crown and Anchor number.

Also, if booked by the end of May 2021 they are crediting double points for Crown and Anchor members, plus solos get double points anyway.  So, a solo in any cabin under a suite gets 4 points per day; suites are 6 points.  

This video is a VB on the Ovation:

Ovation of the Seas Virtual balcony room 8303 - YouTube

Edited by pcur
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/12/2021 at 3:20 PM, Summerstravel said:

Can you please share any tips on RCI? (solo) I have never sailed RCI just Norwegian so I am curious how things work. For example drink packages, dining, shows, etc. Thank you so much! With this sale it looks a good time to book for 2022. 

People posted above they always have a 100% supplement, but there have been quite a few offers this past year that did not. I should have returned from a hump balcony last sunday which was priced at 887 total including taxes and fees. I am sure it was NOT at 100%. I have several coming up lower than 100%, though not as good. 650ish for jan 30 2022, including taxes. 750ish for a PR, dec 12, 2021. 4 more early 2022, only one that isnt really low is a corner aft at 1004, total. 

Right now seems demand has increased and I don't see any solo deals, but I've seen them and have them booked. With double pts, I'll get 4 pts a day loyalty pts. ..it really depends on demand.

I saw a virtual balcony on quantum for may 1st 2022 for about 650 plus taxes and fees, about 1k, taxes high for alaska. Just had too much else booked. Book early. Btw the virtual balcony is 1 pt a day, not 2 like you get in a regular cabin for 2. I want the pts to get to the 340 mark, so didnt book any solo cabins.

On 4/13/2021 at 1:36 PM, coastcat said:

Wait a couple months and I can link to my blog post on solo cabins! I’m putting together a website and YouTube channel for solo cruising but can’t focus until my data analytics class is done...

But in brief, Royal Caribbean has a Quantum class of ships: Quantum, Ovation, Anthem, Spectrum, and the new Odyssey. Each ship has 12 Studio Balcony cabins, which are smaller balcony cabins

The ships that have inside solo cabins are very hidden I find. Lol so hidden rcl reps dont know about them. 3 in a row told me the ship I called on didnt have them and the last I told the C&A rep where to see them on the deck plans. I also googled and google didnt show them. 

I had them booked on both jewel and adventure out of Galveston and reps said they didnt exist. Had to find a TA. Just inside solo cabins but they are there. With 0% solo supplement, but lately rcl raising solo cabins very high, so book early when they first come out, before rcl raises prices.