Iceland's Natural Beauty General - 2022

TayanaLorna

3 minutes ago, PeabodyMa said:

To clarify, I received emails from crew on different Viking ships. They all confirmed that all crew is vaccinated or will be fully vaccinated before guests embark.

Thank you. I hope they will all be vaccinated on the Sky by this Saturday.

• Like 1

I never believed anything that is posted on FaceBook  by any private group. It is just a chat group like Cruise Critic.  These  new CC folks with  less than 50 posts to their name are just now second hand talkers , that is FB  way of operating.   

Viking crew are vaccinated.  The CNBC  interview, and  individual crew member who are in contact with some CC posters who are well known have said this months ago. 

People,  quit spreading information that  you want us to believe is official.  

Edited by Azulann
  • Like 4

To change the subject a bit—I do believe that tomorrow is the day that a new thread will be started for those going on the Iceland to report on what they are finding, seeing, and doing.  If so, those going early for our June 26 trip, I would like to know the order of things at the airport.  Do we really have to get our luggage before going outside to be tested.  Then, do we come back inside to get the Viking transfers?  Thanks in advance, and can’t wait to get that thread going!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

Thanks in advance, and can’t wait to get that thread going!

Hint, hint? 😁 I hear ya. Tomorrow.

And then repeat your questions/requests there because with so many things being discussed here and on the the roll calls, no one remembers what has been asked.

Happy packing!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Peregrina651 said:

Hint, hint? 😁 I hear ya. Tomorrow.

And then repeat your questions/requests there because with so many things being discussed here and on the the roll calls, no one remembers what has been asked.

Happy packing!!

Thanks Peregrina!  Boy, packing wool and down in 90 degree heat is awful! Glad we have AC.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

That is the killer for us. We are too big to succeed.

SPEED DATING! Think Bridge tables where E/W pairs move every 15 minutes and N/S pairs stay. If people move every ten minutes then it won't trigger the "close contact" definition.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Azulann said:

I never believed anything that is posted on FaceBook  by any private group. It is just a chat group like Cruise Critic.  These  new CC folks with  less than 50 posts to their name are just now second hand talkers , that is FB  way of operating.   

Viking crew are vaccinated.  The CNBC  interview, and  individual crew member who are in contact with some CC posters who are well known have said this months ago. 

People,  quit spreading information that  you want us to believe is official.  

I just did a Google search for "viking crew vaccination". I pulled up a press release from Hagen in April that omits mention of the crew being vaccinated. It says that guests must be vaccinated, and guests and crew must be tested. I also found a link to a Viking website FAQ that says the exact same thing.

i.e. I am spreading information that IS official.

The only way I can see to reconcile all of this is the following: Viking is making vaccine available to crew, although possibly only just before they board, but it is not requiring them to take it.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Doc who loves to travel said:

Do you know if this includes the gym?  Training for a marathon and since we can't get off the ship on our own, the treadmill will be our best friend. 

Doc, you missed some of the conversation! June 26 sailing received an email saying that with caveats, we would be allowed off the ship to wonder around the town-- and that we would know for sure when we board. July 3 is waiting to receive the same e-mail. 

Walking/running track on Deck 2 as well.

Viking Sun | Viking Cruises | Cruise Connections Canada

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doc who loves to travel said:

Do you know if this includes the gym?  Training for a marathon and since we can't get off the ship on our own, the treadmill will be our best friend. 

Half Ironman myself - will be right there with ya on the Treadmill

• Like 1

It's long and boring, but everyone should at least skim it:

https://docs.vikingcruises.com/pdf/3-210416_PassengerTicketContract-US.pdf

It covers Covid.  It says "You are required at the location designated for pre-boarding procedures at least four (4) hours before the scheduled time for the initiation of pre-boarding procedures, which time may differ from other Passengers on the same cruise due to the necessity of processing each Passenger through pre-boarding procedures."   It says the Master (normally the Captain) can change the route, or miss a port, or any number of things.  Most of the time, things go according to plan.  But sometimes they don't!   Travel can be an adventure, and cruising is no exception.

Welcome back, intrepid Viking cruisers, and enjoy!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

"You are required at the location designated for pre-boarding procedures at least four (4) hours before the scheduled time for the initiation of pre-boarding procedures, which time may differ from other Passengers on the same cruise due to the necessity of processing each Passenger through pre-boarding procedures."  

Okay, that's what it says but I have absolutely no idea what they are trying to tell us --or if it applies to me.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Doc who loves to travel said:

Rules have changed again- you are free to go off the ship on your own.

Edited by EJLobster
  • Like 1

Hey, soon-to-be Iceland travelers! Don’t forget your woolies! It was 33 degrees and spitting snow yesterday on the pass between Seydisfjordur and Egilsstadir — chilly! The snow drifts along the road were several feet thick. On the plus side, though, the trees have all leafed out in the valleys, and the lowland temps got up to the high 40s. Happy traveling!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SantaFe1 said:

To change the subject a bit—I do believe that tomorrow is the day that a new thread will be started for those going on the Iceland to report on what they are finding, seeing, and doing.  If so, those going early for our June 26 trip, I would like to know the order of things at the airport.  Do we really have to get our luggage before going outside to be tested.  Then, do we come back inside to get the Viking transfers?  Thanks in advance, and can’t wait to get that thread going!

Probably won’t know about Viking transfers until the day folks arrive on the 26th—unless Viking tells you in advance. Yes, when we arrived on the 14th, we had to get our luggage before leaving the immigration/customs area. The document check for testing is outside the arrivals area, so you wouldn’t be able to go back in. Documents checked, you proceed outside to be tested. FWIW, the testing building is outside next to a big parking lot where some of the shuttle transfers to car rentals are. My guess is Viking transfers will be right there. It is not a big airport.