Topless Sunbathing Deck?

NoNoNanette

thankfully, no--another reason many of us choose HAL. To compare HAL to Carnival because they have the same owner is a mistake.

Actually, there are too many men out there who shouldn't be topless, either...:(

There is no topless sunbathing (decks or otherwise) on HAL. Thankfully.

One of the young men I work with went on a Carnival cruise and was so excited when he learned about the "topless" deck... he said he ended up being so disappointed - every time he got the courage to venture out on that deck, the only people he ever saw topless sunbathing were the ones who probably should have opted for keeping the top on... that, or other guys looking for young, hot, topless women. Too funny. :)

Not at all, kiddo.

I'm through with Carnival. Love Princess, and booked for my first HAL cruise. Just wondering.:(

Just wondering why if you are fleeing Carnival and Princess why you seem so interested in finding many of their attributes on HAL?

There is no topless sunbathing (decks or otherwise) on HAL. Thankfully.

It's a shame that such puritanistic attitudes exist. Having been to beaches in Spain, France and Greece If found topless sunbathing to be a delightful option for the women I've been with and to be without purient interests.

Just wondering why if you are fleeing Carnival and Princess why you seem so interested in finding many of their attributes on HAL?

In actuality, I LOVED Princess. After the Grand Princess, I returned back to Carnival and decided "never again".

"MANY of their attributes":confused::confused::confused:

Just asked about topless sunbathing. :rolleyes:

I'll do my topless-thing on a beach.

Many thanks to those of you who answered my question. I appreciate it.:)

I'm going on my first HAL cruise in May and I have cruised Carnival many times. The topless deck is the BEST place to read because there are NO screaming children running past your chair, the waiters keep a discreet distance and don't bombard you with requests for drinks, and really I never saw THAT many people up there. You can always find a lounger! And---topless is optional on the "topless" deck.

It's a shame that such puritanistic attitudes exist. Having been to beaches in Spain, France and Greece If found topless sunbathing to be a delightful option for the women I've been with and to be without purient interests.

WOW!!! Not puritanistic, definitely. I'm sure glad you seem to have gotten to know me so well that you can make that sort of judgement call. ;)

I am certainly not adverse to topless sunbathing - it is extremely acceptable in many countries/cultures - I've seen it and experienced it in Europe, didn't have a problem with it at all.

In my mind, adding it as an "option" on a cruise ship seems silly. Especially on a HAL ship, which definitely tends to cater to the more conservative crowd.

For me, it comes down to appropriate time and place - it certainly isn't (in my humble opinion) on a crowded ship where there are vastly differeing views, opinions, beliefs, etc.

I noticed you didn't insult the poster above me who also used the word "thankfully"... :confused:

As the previous poster said, there's an appropriate place for "non-traditional" activities...

There are nudist groups who book HAL charters for those who want both...

On HAL even the people who don't like to dress have to wear clothes. I'm glad for that, at least. And I'm glad that those of us who are "puritanistic" have a place to go.

Isn't it nice there's so many choices.

I'm going on my first HAL cruise in May and I have cruised Carnival many times. The topless deck is the BEST place to read because there are NO screaming children running past your chair, the waiters keep a discreet distance and don't bombard you with requests for drinks, and really I never saw THAT many people up there. You can always find a lounger! And---topless is optional on the "topless" deck.

In 7 days on Glory, I was never able to find a lounger open on the very small funnel deck. The pools were overrrun with children, some in diapers, and there were an awful lot of broken lounge chairs everywhere else. It was so small as to be worthless, IMO.

I personally choose topless beaches in the ports of call that offer them. While some of the folks that visit are obviously voyeurs, IME the vast majority are not.

Enjoying topless sunbathing and swimming does not make one a nudist. One visit to a local nudist community tennis match and cocktail hour was not very comfortable for me.

No thanks! I'll stick with YOUR CRUISE on 12/03, csg99.....:p

and it will be a spectacular one, I can assure you....

Anything less than 28 ft seas, Code Red Norwalk prevention, and a hurricane chasing us around the Caribbean is going to be a welcome relief, after our 11/05 Westerdam.....

I'm wondering why one would need a topless deck? I mean considering that dress codes are only for snobs.....

I'm wondering why one would feel compelled to quote the bible in his signature? I mean, considering that topless decks are only for pagans....

The caustic tone of this thread is most unfortunate.

If there is a designated topless sunbathing deck, I'm sure it will be adjacent to where they're holding the digital camera classes. ;)

Leave your digital camera at home, Rev! No cameras allowed anywhere near the topless deck! :D

FWIW, Celebrity has always offered topless decks. I would compare the two lines on par on many, many dimensions. On Celebrity, it's never a big deal and hardly advertised .... they choose a top deck that's a little out of the way of normal traffic and quietly sign the area as topless optional.

No harm, no foul. It amazes me how folks get riled up about the simplest things.

Archived