Carnival’s CEO states that they will not require vaccinations

Prismism

4 hours ago, Pizzasteve said:

It is truth.  If it hurts, that is on the anti vaccine freeloader.  They are not doing their part out of selfishness, a reliance on unreliable information sources, or political petulance.  If Covid is eventually contolled it is in spite of their actions, not because of them.  Again my opinion and your thin skin doesnt change the truth.

These same people would expect health care workers and emergency responders to risk their own lives to save them, yet cant be bothered to get a vaccine they, and we all are to help save our civil society. Refusing vaccine, except for medical need, is the antithisis of patriotism and I want no part of sailing with them. 

We've been volunteering at clinics with the heroes saving our country. They are owed our full support.  More Americans have passed due to this disease than in all our wars.

[Slow clap...] 

Please don't make broad assumptions about people you don't know.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stallion said:

Beautifully stated-let's cut through the **** and tell it like it is. I was amazed at how each sentence was expertly crafted only to be followed by another.

[Pats self on back]

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tippyton said:

Whoops!  No clinical trials done on people who have recovered from the illness.  As the late John McGloughlin (sp?) said all the time.... "WRONG!"

What??  Why would that make any difference in the trials?  Even people who have recovered from COVID-19 are being advised to receive the vaccine.  There are no known negative impacts of the vaccine on anyone previously infected.

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

Here are things in a nutshell.  The line has been drawn in the proverbial sand and each of the two groups stand on each side.  Those that are vaccinated and those that are not.  Both of you are obviously in the unvaccinated group.

Decided to do some quick research about the four most vocal members of the unvaccinated group.

OCEAN ZENA    101 posts since 2020

d12j28                610 posts since 2016

TIPPYTON         435 posts since 2018

CRUISERACER  133 posts since 2013

A common denominator that these posters have is that a high percentage of their limited amount of posts have to deal with the issue at hand about vaccinations.  I personally don't care what their reason is for not getting the jab, only that their refusal further extends the time that we as a society may possibly reach herd immunity.  Don't know whether that is attainable or not.  Since vaccines are now available to everyone in the country 16+, we should probably know where things stand by June 1.  Hopefully by then the CDC will have made a decision or at least a game plan as to how cruising can resume from the US.

At this point I am going to take my 10,000 + posts on CC and turn my attentions to other threads that interest me.  I don't care at all what responses come from the 4 mentioned posters above.  They are primarily concerned with spreading the do not get jabbed tutorial and I am more concerned about paying it forward regarding topics that deal with anything else in the cruise world besides vaccinations.

Sir/Madam - very simple.  I'm recovered and there is NO scientific reason for me to get vaccinated.  Period.  Lots of science says I'm good.  Period.  I'm not an antivaxxer, but I do pay attention and question what is being shoved down my throat.  Evidence is that recovered people have greater reactions to the vaccine.  Why in the living !@#@$ do I want to go through 3 days of hell for no medical benefit?

If you like counting, you might enjoy this song.  At 1:15 crank up the volume!

https://youtu.be/ETDqTGgXLOU

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jetsfan58 said:

The definition of insanity is: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome". His actions have not changed the "unsafety" factor for the State. If I am not mistaken Florida still has daily Covid cases and unfortunately daily deaths. Until we get to a point where there are no deaths associated with Covid then his ideas are useless. He is the reason that we will not be Cruising anytime soon.    

See my posts about "zero" in a scientific context.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Speaking of political statements, which President said it was a hoax and later suggested ingesting bleach, and continues to make racist statements?

You are VERY predictable. And humorously inept. Prove your assertions with non-edited videos...

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

What??  Why would that make any difference in the trials?  Even people who have recovered from COVID-19 are being advised to receive the vaccine.  There are no known negative impacts of the vaccine on anyone previously infected.

[Sigh]

1.) No scientific evidence of a medical benefit.  Get past the "bUt AniBodIeS" argument.

2.) There are no known negative impacts of the vaccine on anyone previously infected. And no known benefit, either, notwithstanding THIS HAS NEVER BEEN STUDIED!

1 hour ago, mredandchis said:

Technically he never said the word bleach .  But he did mention disinfectants and the idea of using light,  I found it interesting in that found that the Sinai hospital in NY was and is  studying the idea of using light to fight viruses.  

UV light is known to kill various gremlins (and has been) and can also be hazardous to humans. UV-C is the trick. But you wouldn't/shouldn't apply it directly to humans.

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/coronavirus-covid-19-and-medical-devices/uv-lights-and-lamps-ultraviolet-c-radiation-disinfection-and-coronavirus

Edited by BlerkOne

3 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

UV light is known to kill various gremlins (and has been) and can also be hazardous to humans. UV-C is the trick. But you wouldn't/shouldn't apply it directly to humans.

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/coronavirus-covid-19-and-medical-devices/uv-lights-and-lamps-ultraviolet-c-radiation-disinfection-and-coronavirus

All true and hence a study that has yet to be completed . 

1 hour ago, mredandchis said:

Technically he never said the word bleach .  But he did mention disinfectants and the idea of using light,  I found it interesting in that found that the Sinai hospital in NY was and is  studying the idea of using light to fight viruses.  

It's pretty clear from the endless video reruns that he spoke about bleach as a disinfectant killing the virus on surfaces and the possibility of "injecting disinfectant" into the lungs in order to kill it.  It was not sarcasm.  Not anything close to it.  That was a sincere questioning of Dr. Birx, and her look of discomfort was inescapable.  

Edited by harkinmr

1 minute ago, harkinmr said:

It's pretty clear from the endless video reruns that he spoke about bleach as a disinfectant killing the virus on surfaces and the possibility of "injecting disinfectant" into the lungs in order to kill it.  It was not sarcasm.  Not anything close to it.  That was a sincere questioning of Dr. Birx, and her look of discomfort was inescapable.  

The Dr Birx part I saw also . Trump was never a good speaker. 

Just now, BlerkOne said:

It has to do with Florida acting like an independent fiefdom and wasting my tax dollars, not fear.

All states have independent rights and govern themselves.  If I was thinking about a fiefdom I would look at NY.  I am not from Florida and I didn't vote for anyone down there,  But I don't see anything to fear about visiting.  But if you do then just dont go there. It is simple

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, mredandchis said:

All states have independent rights and govern themselves.  If I was thinking about a fiefdom I would look at NY.  I am not from Florida and I didn't vote for anyone down there,  But I don't see anything to fear about visiting.  But if you do then just dont go there. It is simple

States have whatever rights the Constitution didn't reserve for the Federal Government.

1 hour ago, Tippyton said:

Whoa chief.  I'm withdrawing my upvote for your name.  Seriously though - I'm recovered - no need for a vaccine for me.  I need neither your pity nor your respect.  And I served my country so your analogy is offensive on many levels.

Having said all that, I can say I sacrificed for the greater good at great risk to myself by being one of those freeloaders.  Hmmmm.  My contribution towards herd immunity is just as valid as yours.

I'm feeling more vaccination elitism.  Tuk tuk!

First thanks for your service and dedication to our Country. Now go and get the Vaccine and serve your Country with that Patriotic gesture.

• Like 1