Just wondering....

shipgeeks

That's true if you are bought your cruise in Europe.  If you bought it in the USA, tap water is included.  Pizza is extra.  Ice cream for dinner is still included, but not sure elsewhere.  Costa makes good ice cream or should I say gelato.  

Not quite true. Bottled water used all over the ships and not free unless USA booked. Water available in cabins and in buffet when it is open. Not sure between times. Not usually water on tables free of charge in dining rooms because of being bottled. Not had ice cream in dining rooms for many moons and we are(were until pandemic) very regular Costa cruises. There is usually basic pizza available in buffet lunch times. Just about all of the ships have a speciality pizza restaurant. Order from menu. They are not expensive and very good. You will additionally have a bowl of olives and a dessert for the cost. Costa club members pay half price. I think just about everyone cruising is a member. You can join prior to your cruise if not.

• Thanks 1

Also, depending what fare you book, various beverage packages are included. So the reviewer travelled on a cheapskate fare, then complained that it included cheapskate services. I find the premium fares end up being not at all out of line from other lines, for what you get.

Pizza is available for takeout, even cheaper, if you're one of those people who sneak in just before closing. It is very good pizza by European standards. Note that the pizzeria is available to staff who want a night away from the crew mess, they pay the Costa Club price. Some people apparently get really torqued about this, I think it just feels like a normal pizzeria.

(Disclaimer, pre-COVID).

14 hours ago, Dancer Bob said:

Also, depending what fare you book, various beverage packages are included. So the reviewer travelled on a cheapskate fare, then complained that it included cheapskate services. I find the premium fares end up being not at all out of line from other lines, for what you get.

I agree.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Costa drink packages are very reasonably priced, I would even say low priced.

Also they have coupons for sale, if you need to buy a fixed number of glasses of beer, etc

This is much cheaper than the drinks package.

The Pranzo and Cena package which allows unlimited beer and wine during lunch and dinner is also a good deal, when it is bundled along with your Cruise fare.

Free drinking water is available only in the buffet during breakfast lunch and dinner, as well as in the gym.

There is no free drinking water in the main dining room anytime of the day.

Ice cream is occasionally available at dinner time in the main dining room 

it is sometimes part of the dessert menu.

Pizzas are always chargeable.

I haven't seen any free pizza on any Costa ship.