Price match?

MISSGJ

MSC has always "claimed" that their cruise fares do not go down.  Our experience has shown otherwise.

When we found 5+5 discount for a cruise booked within 1 week, they claimed that was not a legitimate discount, according to their Master List.

Now, that cruise is listed for 5+10 Voyagers Sailing, and I am sure if I call, they will tell me again, it is not on the Master List, therefore not available.

57 minutes ago, MISSGJ said:

Thank you for your reply. 

I’m calling now. Have you had luck with a refund or upgrade? 

Upgrade - no.

Refund - most recently I booked a 5+5 and two days later it went to 5+10 and I did get the difference credited with an MSC Agent.

49 minutes ago, phissy said:

MSC has always "claimed" that their cruise fares do not go down.  Our experience has shown otherwise.

When we found 5+5 discount for a cruise booked within 1 week, they claimed that was not a legitimate discount, according to their Master List.

Now, that cruise is listed for 5+10 Voyagers Sailing, and I am sure if I call, they will tell me again, it is not on the Master List, therefore not available.

Thank you for your reply! 

I really thought booking at the same price as the day they released, they wouldn’t go down. I was wrong. 

Edited by MISSGJ

11 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Upgrade - no.

Refund - most recently I booked a 5+5 and two days later it went to 5+10 and I did get the difference credited with an MSC Agent.

Thanks for the info!

I booked 6 days ago and today the price has dropped by £57 per person. 

The very nice lady on the phone said that she can ask for a price match by sending a request and someone will call me back. 

She did offer me an upgrade (oceanview to balcony) but for the same difference in price that’s online. 

On 4/20/2021 at 11:21 PM, MISSGJ said:

Thanks for the info!

I booked 6 days ago and today the price has dropped by £57 per person. 

The very nice lady on the phone said that she can ask for a price match by sending a request and someone will call me back. 

She did offer me an upgrade (oceanview to balcony) but for the same difference in price that’s online. 

Check the prices on the MSC USA website or use a US travel agent to get much better prices

Our November YC showed up on 5+5 Voyagers Discount page. Emailed TA and he was able to get our booking repriced.  The $400 OBC offer is now expired, as of April 21.   I guess it would have been nice if I caught it a few days ago but, I will take any discount I can get.

In addition to the extremely low rates, 5 + 5% discount and onboard credit for Voyagers club members on the US site;

the US travel agents will also give you 8 to 10% of their commission as an additional discount.

3 hours ago, Couple-Somerset said:

Price of our YC dropped by £700 - MSC UK refunded no problem.

This is for a cruise hoping to sail in September 2021 from Miami.

Still keep an eye on the 5+15 page to see if it drops any more lol

I’m still awaiting a call back. Did it take a while?

Glad they refunded you and hope you get to sail. 👍🏻

6 hours ago, Couple-Somerset said:

It took under 24hrs for MSC UK to confirm the refund and probably 5 days for them to actually do it - we then went and booked another MSC cruise so it worked out well for everyone.

Yes, even I received 4 refunds in under 60 days.

Because I informed them that I booked more Cruises.

I am very satisfied with MSc, although there are many complaints on another thread

• Like 1

11 hours ago, little britain said:

That’s what was offered. They said they didn’t honour price drops but this was a one off...... direct booking UK.

Thanks for the info! Glad you got the OBC 👍🏻

On 4/24/2021 at 2:55 PM, MISSGJ said:

Will do in future. Thank you. 

You have to be aware that UK prices must include taxes and port fees etc. In the US these are added to the quoted price 

So the savings are not all they seem to be

Caveat |Emptor

Pete

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skier52 said:

You have to be aware that UK prices must include taxes and port fees etc. In the US these are added to the quoted price 

So the savings are not all they seem to be

On the bidding site, quoted fares always include ALL port fees & taxes & always exclude gratuities.

Either they offer a 8--10% discount (on the basic fare) or equivalent OBC.

Almost all of them have NIL charges, change fees, cancellation fees, etc. 

Only the cruiseline penalties are passed on without markup. This is clearly stated alongwith their quoted price.

They also do PRICE DROPS free of charge, but they will reduce their discount or OBC proportionately.

Edited by drsel
  • Like 1