Drinks Package

Waju

Good morning everyone,

We have just booked our first MSC cruise - just 4 days bobbing around on the South coast but we're still looking forward to it!

I may be having a blonde moment but I know someone will know - we have a drinks package included BUT will the 15% service charge still be added to our account?

Thanks 

As the others say: No, it will not. Do note though that regularly MSC gives their basic drinks package (whatever the names, terms and conditions at departure date), but if you want a drink that is more expensive than your drinks package plan's limit, you'll be charged full price on them plus the 15% service charge.

• Like 1

Finally, a new drink comparison chart has been posted on MSC US site.

clicked on new promo,  -Go All In-“ Easy drink package and WiFi included cruises.”

Clicked on drink comparison chart and found info for cruise regions and drink pkgs for summer and fall. Scroll down to Winter and find new drink pkgs and comparison chart for pkgs. 

I have been waiting a long time for this to be posted. Very interesting , no definitive answer for YC drink pkg for Winter. Assuming $15/drink will be YC ? (Hopefully) Currently, YC has $12/drink in place.

Edited by phissy
  • Like 1

Thanks for posting the link...

I think this will help all of us trying to figure out what can be expected on our upcoming cruise(s).

Still, holding out hope for YC drink package confirmation from MSC.

Ugh, I wish this going into effect a little bit earlier for the Meraviglia. We're currently set to sail on 10/23/21 for 14 nights, the Easy Plus package goes into effect on 11/13/21. For an extra $11 per day that would be an easy decision to make since I don't drink Miller Lite or Heineken and I feel a little bit silly ordering a virgin daquiri and a shot of rum (to combine myself) to get around their silly alcoholic frozen drink policy.

49 minutes ago, caffeine_demon said:

$ 260+ million, that's pricey!!

Haha, but you can finish off every bottle of alcohol on the ship!

If both people in the cabin together will anyway consume 140 drinks in 7 days, it's worth paying $532 for the basic package.

I haven't figured out the cost of damage to the liver though!

Edited by drsel

Hi,

I have a booking for MSC Seashore, sailing from Barcelona on August. I'm trying to add the drink package and can't finish the process (browser stays "thinking" forever!).

Anyone have the same problem?

3 hours ago, Xpto said:

Hi,

I have a booking for MSC Seashore, sailing from Barcelona on August. I'm trying to add the drink package and can't finish the process (browser stays "thinking" forever!).

Anyone have the same problem?

Easy to access the drinks package from the MSc for me app

Here is the updated Drinks Comparison Chart. 

Hope  YC  drinks questions can be answered here.

Hopefully Premium Extra package for YC this winter.

Edited by phissy

On 4/28/2021 at 7:34 AM, 8420PR said:

That's very very helpful.   Thanks a lot for posting!

Here is the link - took me a bit to find it:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/on-board/dining-drinks/drink-comparison-chart

Which one do you get in YC in the Med please?  I seem to recall that YC was a in between package! 

Edited by little britain

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Which one do you get in YC in the Med please?  I seem to recall that YC was a in between package! 

Premium for summer to early fall.  (drinks to $12 or 10 euros)

But, when in YC, they may just serve you what is requested. Outside YC, they may just stick to price per drink. YC does say $12 per drink, currently.

Premium Extra I think will be in place for late fall through Winter. You will need to click on FAQS section where they have starting Dates for each ship for new packages.

Edited by phissy

40 minutes ago, nyk24 said:

Does anybody know why you cannot upgrade your current drinks package through the msc website all of a sudden the last few days? 

Housekeeping.....I suspect they are busy updating packages on the website.

Logged into my cruise and saw that drinks are no longer in Italian but now in English.  Many other options suddenly listed for sale ie: Birthday Cake, Sunrise Special (room service breakfast) Sunset Special (wine and fruit) etc.

Funny, when I tried to add Premium Extra, Error message came up that code is not available.   When I tried to add Easy Package, it was happy to try and charge me $266 each.  We are in YC so, that should have not been an option.

I have always been told to call on Tuesdays, as they are busy working on site during the weekends.