Anyone know if crew are already onboard the ships sailing this summer.

seapals2

10 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

Thank you to@Pink-belle for pointing the You Tube channel "Same Ship Different Day" out.

If you are interested in the process for a new crew member joining a P&O Australia ship (probably the same for any cruise line) you like to watch this video.

You’re welcome, I certainly felt reassured after watching them.

I really enjoy his videos, unrelated but watch the one about crew getting haircuts, it really is a whole different world under those carpeted hallways. 😀

• Like 1

22 hours ago, davecttr said:

Apparently a lot of states in the USA will vaccinate anybody, not just locals which makes it a lot easier to vaccinate crew. 

We should be OK in the UK this summer even if the crew are not vaccinated as we will be and the crew have been in quarantine for ages.

Agreed. Anyone physically in the state of Florida can go along and get a vaccination. They do not have to be a resident.

I have a house in Florida and lots of snowbirds came down from Canada to get their vaccinations. At present, a lot of bookings are coming in from South America (only from those countries permitted to enter the US) and they are staying for 3+ weeks solely to get their first and second doses of the vaccine. Nothing to do with close to expiring stock. I have been asked by my management company if I want to take any of these longer term bookings rather than regular holiday makers. I spoke to management company on phone last night - her own children (18+) have had the vaccine and she said that most people eligible (who wanted it) had already had it too.

So nothing to stop crew getting their doses there if cruise lines allowed to dock in US waters.

Tracey

23 hours ago, Pink-belle said:

You’re welcome, I certainly felt reassured after watching them.

I really enjoy his videos, unrelated but watch the one about crew getting haircuts, it really is a whole different world under those carpeted hallways. 😀

Hi, yes I saw that video, and as you say it is a whole different world "downstairs".😀

• Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 8:52 AM, Pink-belle said:

Someone posted on a Princess thread a link to the Port Everglades webcam earlier this week, claiming it showed Caribbean Princess coming into port to allow crew to receive vaccine jabs, utilising stock that was about to expire. 

I am still of the opinion all cruise lines would prefer their crew to be fully vaccinated, and it is their intention to facilitate this as soon as there is vaccine available. 

one has to ask why the vaccine was not given to the population before it got near to expiring. I cannot see how any company can claim to have its crew vaccinated before sailing. I am on one of the summer ones in the UK and the crew on that will not be vaccinated. I was under the impression that vaccines were only being sold to Countries, not companies, so I cannot see how a company can promise anything, or I would want to know where the vaccine has come from.

I read an article recently where it said that in Florida approval had been given to vaccinate those who may not be resident, but support the Florida economy, and as such, crew members fall within this category. I will see if I can find the article again and post a link. See below, it refers to Port Canaveral, not Port Everglades but one would assume PE and Miami will do so.

https://eu.floridatoday.com/story/money/business/2021/04/30/port-canaveral-becomes-first-u-s-port-start-vaccinating-cruise-crews/4896178001/

Edited by downsmead

2 minutes ago, downsmead said:

I read an article recently where it said that in Florida approval had been given to vaccinate those who may not be resident, but support the Florida economy, and as such, crew members fall within this category. I will see if I can find the article again and post a link. See below, it refers to Port Canaveral, not Port Everglades though.

https://eu.floridatoday.com/story/money/business/2021/04/30/port-canaveral-becomes-first-u-s-port-start-vaccinating-cruise-crews/4896178001/

The video posted by yorkshirephil above says that 🙂

• 1 month later...

I'm in touch with a crew member who was on the last cruise of Britannia and he is still at home in Goa waiting for a call from the office. Maybe there will be fewer indian crew onboard.

If that is so it will be a shame as our favorite waiter and bartender where from Goa.   

7 hours ago, emam said:

I imagine they won't need the full crew for the staycations, not as many passengers.

Not all crew can rejoin at the same time. As has always been the case, crew rotate on and off over months. He might just be on a later rotation and therefore not needed at present.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Not all crew can rejoin at the same time. As has always been the case, crew rotate on and off over months. He might just be on a later rotation and therefore not needed at present.

Good to think they may be called at some time as it must have been tough for the crew or the last 15 months or so. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Pink-belle said:

Has it been published anywhere who the officers/ key staff are on Britannia for the summer sailings?   I would love to catch up with Avalon Bar Manager as he is such fun. 

Quoting myself, Avalon moved to RCCL in April 2020, happy for him, but will miss his smile and bear hugs.