Where is the obc shown when signing into my HAL booking?

coconutmonkey

Hello. I am new to HAL and their website functions.  I am logged into my cruise booking on the HAL website and am trying to see where my obc is listed.  Can anyone guide me?

Also, can I book excursions now using my obc or do I have to wait until I am on the sailing?

Thanks so much.

Did you book with HAL or a PCC or with a TA?

If you booked with a TA it doesn’t show on the website.  it shows on the confirmation from HAL that your TA should have sent you.

If you booked with HAL go to payments and it showed there back when I used a PCC (but that was a while ago 😉 ). Once I transferred to a TA I couldn’t access that page.

Kazu, thanks for the response.

I booked with a travel agency which shows the obc on their invoice so I guess that's why it doesn't show on HAL's website. 

Can you tell me how I can book shore excursions on HAL's website when I don't see the obc?  Can the obc be applied now or do I have to wait until sailing?  I know these are newbie questions.

Regards

Welcome to HAL.

OBC is not shown on the website.  Only place you will find it is on the 'Booking Confirmation' that you received from HAL or your travel agent.  Also, any Promotions your received when booking will not be shown on the website.  Again only on the Booking Confirmation.

It is not possible to use OBC to pre book excursions or anything else!  HAL treat is as ONBOARD credit.  

6 minutes ago, coconutmonkey said:

Kazu, thanks for the response.

I booked with a travel agency which shows the obc on their invoice so I guess that's why it doesn't show on HAL's website. 

Can you tell me how I can book shore excursions on HAL's website when I don't see the obc?  Can the obc be applied now or do I have to wait until sailing?  I know these are newbie questions.

Regards

My TA sends me HAL’s confirmation (it’s a 4 page document).  I like it as it has all the terms and conditions (penalties, perks, etc) and I take the 1st page with me which shows my OBC, etc once I am paid in full so that if there are any issues (never have been) I have a reference.

To book shore excursions, go to Manage your bookings, log in (or sign up if you haven’t yet) and you can book any shore excursions you like BUT you will be charged for them immediately.

The OBC stands for On Board Credit and HAL means it when they say it.  You can only use your on board credit on the ship.

And no worries on newbie questions at all.  That’s what we are here for.  Ask away and if we can help, we are happy to. 😄 

Hope you enjoy your first HAL cruise.

edited to say, oops, looks like VMax1700 and I were posting at the same time.  Oh well, better lots of information than none. 😉 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, coconutmonkey said:

Thanks to all for such quick and helpful replies. You are all great.

I now understand the obc can only be used while on the ship.  I'll just have to pay upfront for some of my must do shore excursions.

Regards

That’s exactly the right approach.  Pay now for the must do’s that might sell out and wait until you are on board for anything else where several options appeal.  

Have fun planning 🙂 

If you are within 3 days of sailing, you can book excursions using OBC by calling HAL's Shore Excursions (1-888-425-9376 or 1-206-626-7320, Monday - Friday 7:00am to 4:00pm (Pacific Time)). Or at least you could before the "pause."

Not as good as being able to use OBC several months ahead, but at least you can book ahead of those who wait until after boarding.

If I can jump in and ask one more OBC question -

Can  it be used on the private island Half Moon Cay  - not the excursions that you can book - but if you buy drinks on your day on the beach (which I understand are not included even if you have a beverage package). Are those HAL/CCL bar charges or are they separate private enterprises? 

26 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

If I can jump in and ask one more OBC question -

Can  it be used on the private island Half Moon Cay  - not the excursions that you can book - but if you buy drinks on your day on the beach (which I understand are not included even if you have a beverage package). Are those HAL/CCL bar charges or are they separate private enterprises? 

Anything you buy (drinks, whatever) at HMC is charged to your account.

There is no computer there - it’s all manual charges. That’s why the drink packages can’t be used.

If you have room in your OBC, then in essence yes, your drinks at the beach will be covered.  Your OBC is a credit and then the charges go against it.

The Bar charges are HAL and not private enterprises.  Some of the crafts you may choose to buy there may be another story.  Not sure about that one.

9 minutes ago, kazu said:

Anything you buy (drinks, whatever) at HMC is charged to your account.

There is no computer there - it’s all manual charges. That’s why the drink packages can’t be used.

If you have room in your OBC, then in essence yes, your drinks at the beach will be covered.  Your OBC is a credit and then the charges go against it.

The Bar charges are HAL and not private enterprises.  Some of the crafts you may choose to buy there may be another story.  Not sure about that one.

OK great - thank you!