Terminal in Southampton

marieps

Normally I'd put this on the ports board, but as it's a specific O question I'll ask here.  Which of the 4 cruise terminals can I expect Sirena to use for her October TA, and has anyone ever walked and wheeled luggage from Southampton Central to the port?  Thanks. 

4 minutes ago, marieps said:

Normally I'd put this on the ports board, but as it's a specific O question I'll ask here.  Which of the 4 cruise terminals can I expect Sirena to use for her October TA, and has anyone ever walked and wheeled luggage from Southampton Central to the port?  Thanks. 

Take a taxi, it’s about a 1.5 mile drag.  The distance will seem even longer in the cold/rain. 

32 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

When the ships start sailing again you can check here for the dock /location

https://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/Live_Information/Shipping_Movements_and_Cruise_Ship_Schedule/Cruise_Ship_Schedule/

I agree just take a taxi  it was about 10 GBP to High St

Thanks for the answers and for the record, DW seconds the taxi!

You do see people wandering around with cases etc, but I would get a taxi. Would be a reasonable walk unencumbered but not with cases.

There are always plenty of taxis outside the train station. Make sure you leave the correct exit but it is obvious.

In our younger days we walked with cases all the way down the hill from the Straton House in Vancouver to Canada Place.  We did the several blocks from Zepher House in North Beach  (SFO) to board Regatta in 2019.  I think I'm over the hassle.  Thanks all.

Without any doubt, get a cab. It's a longish walk even without bags. And, with bags, no way to start a holiday.

First time we cruised from Southampton, we travelled from home by train. Plenty of taxis at the station and plenty when you disembark. Only  did the train once. Since then, we drive down the day before, have a nice relaxing dinner and hotel stay and leave the car with one of the parking companies at the dockside. Car all ready when you disembark, nicely valeted if you've asked them to do that.

51 minutes ago, marieps said:

I believe we will be training from Paddington to Southampton Central.  We trained from Rome to the port, so we have a limited experience.

Easy enough, but I would suggest having a seat reservation with your booking if you are travelling on a weekend or before 9.30am. Also don’t start your trip off using the tube with all your baggage (it will not be a pleasant experience), do yourself a favour and get a cab to Paddington.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ToxM said:

Easy enough, but I would suggest having a seat reservation with your booking if you are travelling on a weekend or before 9.30am. Also don’t start your trip off using the tube with all your baggage (it will not be a pleasant experience), do yourself a favour and get a cab to Paddington.

Very much appreciate the input from a local.  My VRBO host says Paddington is only a 10 minute walk from her flat.  We can probably manage that, but may rethink it.  

3 hours ago, kentish belle said:

The trains to Southampton leave from Waterloo not Paddington, you would need to get a cab to Waterloo or use the underground,  it is not much fun using the underground with suitcases & bags.

Yes, now I see I would have to change trains if leaving from Paddington.  It's 4 miles to Waterloo from the flat, so we'll cab it.  Thanks so much for your valuable input.

Train tickets & times available here.....

https://www.southwesternrailway.com/

An excellent cab company, cheaper than a black cab, very reliable & no surge pricing.  They usually have new customer promo codes running.  Book via app/phone or webpage.  https://www.addisonlee.com/8-off-first-ride-addison-lee/

• Like 1