Webinar

Beamafar

9 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Far too complicated an issue to go into here, G!   It’s part of the UK but not Great Britain and is funded and controlled from London. 

Yes, but it's the UK being discussed, I sensed the comment was more about politics! Best to avoid, as you say.

Take care.

• Like 1

One question came to my mind from all of this. We are booked and me and the kids are dual UK/USA citizens and my wife is USA cititzen only. We all live in the UK. I presume my wife is ok on this cruise with a USA passport and UK BRP card (UK Spouse visa)?

Edited by pmd98052

11 hours ago, Beamafar said:

He also said that those in the Channel Islands can book as they’re part of the CTA (Common Travel Area - though so are we and we won’t let us book 😟).

Those holding Irish passports must show proof of an address in the UK.

Thanks that's good to know, does that mean anyone from Ireland and the Isle of Man can go on one of these UK cruises as they are part of the Common Travel Area (CTA) too?

Has anyone got a link to the webinar?

Edited by nyk24

He never mentioned IOM but specifically stated that those with Irish passports must be resident in the UK. (I thought the same when I heard him say Common Travel Area, but he quickly clarified that 😏)

@Beamafarthanks for clearing that up for me, so basically Common Travel Area was just a slip of the tongue. I am guessing then if you do not have a British Passport then you need to prove you are a UK resident unless you live in the Channel Islands and possibly the IOM - typical MSC never providing total clarity lol.

Yes, you have to prove you reside in the UK - a utility bill in your name is what he said would be the way. 

I wondered if he knew what the CTA actually is (he’s Italian) because we in Ireland are included in it. 

11 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Yes, you have to prove you reside in the UK - a utility bill in your name is what he said would be the way. 

I wondered if he knew what the CTA actually is (he’s Italian) because we in Ireland are included in it. 

I’d say Essex/EastLondon-Italian 😂

some of his inflections make me smile 😊 

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone who watched this remember hearing that they said Buffet would be served to passengers seated at their table?  I’m certain I heard this and it seems the government domestic Cruise guidelines imply that should,  it no one seems to think this will be the case 😂 

1 hour ago, rattla said:

Can anyone who watched this remember hearing that they said Buffet would be served to passengers seated at their table?  I’m certain I heard this and it seems the government domestic Cruise guidelines imply that should,  it no one seems to think this will be the case 😂 

I’m sure I read somewhere that the buffet will be open as normal, however, the food will be served by staff at the various stations rather than pax helping themselves. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rattla said:

Yes, he did say that but I took it to mean that there will be plated food at the buffet and then you have to sit at a table to eat it as they have been doing on Grandiosa. I didn't realise that the government guidelines mentioned this, maybe that is why he said it?

21 minutes ago, kernow said:

Yes, he did say that but I took it to mean that there will be plated food at the buffet and then you have to sit at a table to eat it as they have been doing on Grandiosa. I didn't realise that the government guidelines mentioned this, maybe that is why he said it?

well, it could be, but if you think about it on land from May 17th everything still has to be table service, plus more over, this is from the government domestic cruise guidelines.

Now you could say, well maybe they would class it as a “venue where this is not possible”, and if so it could just be served to you.  But does make me wonder, along with what he said if it will be actual table service somehow?

42C4C13E-90BA-4520-BA3B-6A8CA4CEB3AB.jpeg