Beyond Pricing is Beyond!

MarkWiltonM

2 hours ago, MarkWiltonM said:

aft-facing veranda. Often, they are terraced out so that there is little shade and the decks above you can see you on your veranda.

Enjoyed aft facing many times.  Yes, they're terraced, but above looking down can only see you when you are standing at the rail. We have had complete privacy other than that.  As to shade, there isn't much shade on any balcony considering which way the ship is facing.  There are some balconies on the hump that are long and tunnel-like.  We found shade there, but a little too dark in the cabin and balcony area for our taste. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/29/2021 at 3:42 PM, jakebloke said:

My favorite cabins (SV) sold out yesterday on the main itinerary I wanted.  People seem to be booking the Beyond,.  I’m kinda bummed.  I’ll keep checking as I know some people may cancel.  On another note,  Beyond looks amazing, but does anyone else feel a little bad for Apex?  She’s the middle child who’s younger sister is getting more attention before anyone has even been able to experience her.  

Also, ask to have your booked cabin waitlisted.  They will call you as soon as it becomes available.  I have had this happen several times with great results...usually, I book a different cabin, but at least there is a chance.

On 4/29/2021 at 6:42 PM, jakebloke said:

My favorite cabins (SV) sold out yesterday on the main itinerary I wanted.  People seem to be booking the Beyond,.  I’m kinda bummed.  I’ll keep checking as I know some people may cancel.  On another note,  Beyond looks amazing, but does anyone else feel a little bad for Apex?  She’s the middle child who’s younger sister is getting more attention before anyone has even been able to experience her.  

We've had 4 cruises on Apex canceled (so far) but we haven’t given up.

We'll end up sailing on Beyond first, but Apex will be the next in line. Fingers crossed! 😎🤞🏼

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Enjoyed aft facing many times.  Yes, they're terraced, but above looking down can only see you when you are standing at the rail. We have had complete privacy other than that.  As to shade, there isn't much shade on any balcony considering which way the ship is facing.  There are some balconies on the hump that are long and tunnel-like.  We found shade there, but a little too dark in the cabin and balcony area for our taste. 

Have done aft facing cabin once, for me was just OK, prefer forward, I like to see where I am going as I know where I have already been.  As far as port or starboard, either is perfectly fine.

10 hours ago, MarkWiltonM said:

Thank you for the clarification. I've never done an aft-facing veranda. Often, they are terraced out so that there is little shade and the decks above you can see you on your veranda. Both are nonstarters for me, but I know that some people absolutely love the wake-facing verandas. I will look at photos and deck plans to see how these are configured on the Edge class ships. 

I was considering an aft facing cabin once on Constellation because I love looking out at the wake.  However one of the concerns was feeling a vibration at the back of the ship. Can anybody comment on this? Is it noticeable?

5 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Have done aft facing cabin once, for me was just OK, prefer forward, I like to see where I am going as I know where I have already been.  As far as port or starboard, either is perfectly fine.

There is nothing more soothing than hearing and seeing the wake of a ship.  Could care less about seeing forward as it is a rare cabin with a veranda that could do that without being very windy.  But we all have our own likes and dislikes, that is was makes us interesting.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Shadow9612 said:

I was considering an aft facing cabin once on Constellation because I love looking out at the wake.  However one of the concerns was feeling a vibration at the back of the ship. Can anybody comment on this? Is it noticeable?

Yes I can.  We have sailed probably 5 times aft on The Constellation, never a vibration.  Now on Holland America a totally different story...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Oville said:

Yes I can.  We have sailed probably 5 times aft on The Constellation, never a vibration.  Now on Holland America a totally different story...

Thank you so much - that's very reassuring.  I love looking at the wake, so will definitely consider this in the future 🙂

8 hours ago, Shadow9612 said:

Never was a problem on several X ships aft cabins higher decks....can't comment on lower ones.

Edited by Oceangoer2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Shadow9612 said:

I have sailed aft cabins on both M-Class and S-Class ships.  I prefer the corner aft S1 sky suites on S-Class.  I have never felt vibrations.  Some have reported soot at times but I have never experienced it.  On M-Class, aft cabins stick out in a cascading terrace style so you can be seen from your balcony from above including from the Sunset bar area.  So less privacy.

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Never was a problem on several X ships aft cabins higher decks....can't comment on lower ones.

13 hours ago, TeeRick said:

I have sailed aft cabins on both M-Class and S-Class ships.  I prefer the corner aft S1 sky suites on S-Class.  I have never felt vibrations.  Some have reported soot at times but I have never experienced it.  On M-Class, aft cabins stick out in a cascading terrace style so you can be seen from your balcony from above including from the Sunset bar area.  So less privacy.

Thank you.  I definitely will try this cabin location.