New CDC directives....

Mudhen

You'd have to ask the CDC for a decision on that one.  But there are masks that loop around the back of the head rather than around the ears. And turlenecks that can be pulled up over the nose.

Edited by frankp01

26 minutes ago, frankp01 said:

You'd have to ask the CDC for a decision on that one.  But there are masks that loop around the back of the head rather than around the ears. And turlenecks that can be pulled up over the nose.

You mean face shields? The thing with the plastic visor which you pull up and down? Like what a welder wears over his face only it is plastic not metal?

6 minutes ago, frankp01 said:

No, not a visor. Fabric. But I think we've taken this issue to it's logical extreme.

Never seen it. I have seen mask held by the ears as you see on ER or whatever and a plastic screen over the face held round the head that does not touch the skin it leaves a gap but covers the mouth almost to the chin.

12 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

There are lots of masks that tie around the head rather than over the ears

I have only ever seen a plastic visor. Which doesn't seem very effective to me there is a gap for air to flow under or up through.  My butcher wears one.

Edited by ace2542

12 minutes ago, frankp01 said:

No, not a visor. Fabric. But I think we've taken this issue to it's logical extreme.

I am on about this here? It is plastic worn round the head. Do you have these in America? We get a few people wearing these as opposed to something held by the ears. I suppose they can wash or clean it better. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-XzbrUWm_VzP2O4YaqqeU3Awn5Ad97WgXXBN7cSWiP1lMQWiT1XKq4-6bIwY&usqp=CAc

22 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

And we're talking about these, visors are not a suitable alternative to masks.

N95-white-1.jpg

That hardly matches what you have described! 🤣 That is held in place by the ear and around the back of the neck. And I do agree but my butcher wears that. I don't know why people are choosing that.

Edited by ace2542