EVERY RESCHEDULE COSTS MORE!!!!!

I am getting ready to reschedule our cruise for the 5th time.  The first three were due to Covid, the last two were due to redeployment of the ships sailing out of New York.  But, it seems like even though they are giving a FCC incentive, it turns out that it costs just a little bit more ~ this has happened every time.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

32 minutes ago, vadersprincess12 said:

I am getting ready to reschedule our cruise for the 5th time.  The first three were due to Covid, the last two were due to redeployment of the ships sailing out of New York.  But, it seems like even though they are giving a FCC incentive, it turns out that it costs just a little bit more ~ this has happened every time.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

I agree, I have paid $553 more this year and lost a day off the cruise and I am sure it is about to be canceled.....

RCL is taking back the 25% and saying that your cruise was not canceled due to global suspensions WHEN IT WAS.  They seem desperate right now.  Hours on hold and Hours of arguing even with the letter from RCL offering 125% for the suspension.  Check your FCC's. They seem to go down in value magically. 

3 hours ago, vadersprincess12 said:

As the cruise line stay shut longer, there is a larger and larger demand for cruises. Supply and Demand dictates that prices will go up. You are competing with more and more people with, at times, fewer and fewer resoruces. 

• Like 3

And somebody has to pay the ever increasing costs of downtime when they don't have zero wage, dockage, and fuel bills, let alone carrying costs of however they finance the ships.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, vadersprincess12 said:

Sorry but I can't read your post. I guess that I'm getting old!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My October Pearl trip to Greece was cancelled due to repositioning. To rebook on the Jade for the exact same days out of the exact same port with the exact same cabin type (S4 2br suite) would cost 40% more. An extra $3 from what I originally paid for the exact same trip.

I switched to RCC instead for a nearly identical itinerary leaving out of Cyprus a day earlier than my original NCL trip. We're booked in an owners suite for less than what we originally paid for the suite on the Pearl.

I snagged a great price on an upcoming May 2022 trip around Spain that I'm waiting for them to reposition. If they do and that trip is cancelled, then I'm giving up on NCL for a while. No need to stay loyal to them when other lines are offering better deals for similar trips. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Not sure why, but my fares went down.  I was able to upgrade from my original balcony cabin to the Haven.  Feeling pretty good about that.

What cruise would that be? I have to find a cruise that’s not tripled like the Tahiti -Hawaii we were to travel last year. 

The price of everything is going up - I've heard of some areas where plywood that was once $25/sheet is now $100/sheet...supply and demand.  Cruising is no different.

There were some reasonable deals out there 6-8 months ago, if you were booking way in advance.  The 11-night my husband and I booked on HAL gave us an oversized balcony stateroom, free drinks, on board credit, wifi credit...and is $4k.  We booked last fall for March 2022.  That same trip today with similar perks is $1500 more.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 7:18 PM, vadersprincess12 said:

Yes, I was booked for Norwegian Joy August 2021 (NYC to Bermuda) in the Haven.  I went to rebook the same exact room...literally same room...same ship...same itinery for June 2022 and it was 5K more.  I just couldn't do it. I ended up going a completely different route.  We are now on the Breakaway in a club balcony going out of NOLA headed down to western carribean the day after Christmas.  Excited about it.  Spent $150 more than my original fare.  I'm okay with it.  Hoping the will offer the biddig process once again but I have my doubts with reduced capacity.  Good luck to you.

2 hours ago, maryivo said:

Yes, I was booked for Norwegian Joy August 2021 (NYC to Bermuda) in the Haven.  I went to rebook the same exact room...literally same room...same ship...same itinery for June 2022 and it was 5K more.  I just couldn't do it. I ended up going a completely different route.  We are now on the Breakaway in a club balcony going out of NOLA headed down to western carribean the day after Christmas.  Excited about it.  Spent $150 more than my original fare.  I'm okay with it.  Hoping the will offer the biddig process once again but I have my doubts with reduced capacity.  Good luck to you.

Yeah...they reworked that itinerary to embarkation from Jamaica.  I like the Haven.  At $4,200 all in for a Haven Suite, I jumped on it sailing last week in August. There are others here who have booked earlier in August who paid a little more, though. That's the least expensive Haven I've ever booked.  And, it's on one of the newer NCL ships.  Can you tell I'm excited?

But, you ask an interesting question.  I wonder if bidding for upgrades will be reinstated, especially at reduced capacity?