Changing cruise dates.

Good morning ☀️ I have a rescheduled Mardi Gras cruise in December. I recently took a new position at work but my dates will conflict with duties I now have to do. Has anyone had any trouble changing their dates and being able to keep the $600 on board credit for cruises Carnival canceled last year?

I thought I've read that you lose the OBC if you voluntarily change your cruise date. Carnival has been flexible with rebooking because of the shutdown; I'd call whoever you booked with, Carnival, PVP, or TA.

The OBC sounds great but Carnival's prices, at least for the short-term, have gone up. That $600 OBC won't go as far if your new fare is much higher, especially with the popularity of Mardi Gras.

If you definitely need to change dates, I would try to do it now while they're still in rebooking mode.

I recently rescheduled my Pride cruise and was told that there would be a $50 per person change fee. I said, really, you are going to charge me $50 to book a more expensive cruise and she said yes sorry, so I said ok, I guess I will keep my old date then and not change the cruise. She immediately waived the $50 and changed my date. If she had stuck to her guns though, I would have had to pay it, the old date no longer worked for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, asalligo said:

I recently rescheduled my Pride cruise and was told that there would be a $50 per person change fee. I said, really, you are going to charge me $50 to book a more expensive cruise and she said yes sorry, so I said ok, I guess I will keep my old date then and not change the cruise. She immediately waived the $50 and changed my date. If she had stuck to her guns though, I would have had to pay it, the old date no longer worked for me. 

Had the same experience except that they didn't budge. I accepted the higher price (move back one week) and was even going to upgrade cabin and she held firm. Kids are happy though, spring break will now be two weeks instead of one and I may just tack on a San Diego visit on the front end or back end now since I have the time. 

2 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Had the same experience except that they didn't budge. I accepted the higher price (move back one week) and was even going to upgrade cabin and she held firm. Kids are happy though, spring break will now be two weeks instead of one and I may just tack on a San Diego visit on the front end or back end now since I have the time. 

Yes, I would have had to do the same if she called my bluff. 

11 minutes ago, asalligo said:

Yes, I would have had to do the same if she called my bluff. 

Oh I kept it as is. No way was I paying a fee to pay more and upgrade lol. I got a great rate for both cabins initially anyway and after this whole distance learning covid debacle, missing a week of school isn't a big deal IMO. 

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 1