Cielo dining room on Sky Princess

Nicole&Pete

You might want to know that in order to access the Cielo DR you have to walk to the aft stairway and elevators on deck 7 or higher and then go down to the DR on deck 6. This DR can not be accessed from decks 6 and 5 mid ship.

Note that some early seating tradition dining is in Estrella DR, mid ship. I remember seeing your postings before but can't remember if you are in Club Class. If you are in Club Class that is also in Estrella and is anytime dining. 

1 hour ago, skynight said:

You might want to know that in order to access the Cielo DR you have to walk to the aft stairway and elevators on deck 7 or higher and then go down to the DR on deck 6. This DR can not be accessed from decks 6 and 5 mid ship.

Note that some early seating tradition dining is in Estrella DR, mid ship. I remember seeing your postings before but can't remember if you are in Club Class. If you are in Club Class that is also in Estrella and is anytime dining. 

Thanks that is worth noting.

No we are not in club class and were booked on late seating and I wonder if thats the best choice? I understand the timings can vary cruise by cruise as to the timings of the early and late seating. I am also wondering which of the dining rooms are the nicest in terms of decor/ambience etc.

3 hours ago, LouTheGlue said:

Check out this excellent guide to dining on Sky Princess

Thanks thats a useful video. Ive not been on princess before so Im trying to work out whether we will like traditional dining on princess which is what we normally go for. 

1 minute ago, Nicole&Pete said:

Thanks that is worth noting.

No we are not in club class and were booked on late seating and I wonder if that's the best choice? I understand the timings can vary cruise by cruise as to the timings of the early and late seating. I am also wondering which of the dining rooms are the nicest in terms of decor/ambience etc.

On all the Princess ships I have sailed on, including Royal Class, the DR's are all very similar. Nothing really stands out one DR vs another.

Timing of dinner is a personal choice.

Traditional dining times on Princess have been: Very early between 5 and 5:30pm. Early around 5:30pm. Late seating has been around 7:30pm and could be as late as 8:00pm. Anytime from 5pm to 9:30pm. Late traditional seatings have always been in the deck 6 aft DR. I think I read you are on an all UK passenger cruise. Dining times and some DR assignments could be adjusted to meet UK preferences as well as some covid protocols. The maitre'd will make necessary adjustments to try and meet passenger requests. In case you are not aware all DR's have the same menus and dress codes. Also only one DR is open for breakfast and on sea days lunch. Probably Estrella on the Sky. 

54 minutes ago, Nicole&Pete said:

I am also wondering which of the dining rooms are the nicest in terms of decor/ambience

I have to say, that I do not think you'll notice any difference between them. The decor is the same, and the ambience depends on your table mates!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wowzz said:

Nicole&Pete

It's considered good manners to thank those who have answered your question.

Oh apologies thank you very much, I didn't see your reply their until this morning.

In terms of the ambience I agree it often does depend on your table mates yes. Its luck of the draw I guess. 

18 hours ago, skynight said:

On all the Princess ships I have sailed on, including Royal Class, the DR's are all very similar. Nothing really stands out one DR vs another.

Timing of dinner is a personal choice.

Traditional dining times on Princess have been: Very early between 5 and 5:30pm. Early around 5:30pm. Late seating has been around 7:30pm and could be as late as 8:00pm. Anytime from 5pm to 9:30pm. Late traditional seatings have always been in the deck 6 aft DR. I think I read you are on an all UK passenger cruise. Dining times and some DR assignments could be adjusted to meet UK preferences as well as some covid protocols. The maitre'd will make necessary adjustments to try and meet passenger requests. In case you are not aware all DR's have the same menus and dress codes. Also only one DR is open for breakfast and on sea days lunch. Probably Estrella on the Sky. 

Thank you for that our time says 7:15 unless they say otherwise, but I have heard they can often change it.  

5 hours ago, 1965 said:

Thank you wowzz for the link. We're booked for Nov. on the Enchanted, a sister ship to the Sky, so I loved seeing all the Sky photos. I think all Royal class ships are very much alike. Is that correct? 😊

7 hours ago, 1965 said:

Thank you wowzz for the link. We're booked for Nov. on the Enchanted, a sister ship to the Sky, so I loved seeing all the Sky photos. I think all Royal class ships are very much alike. Is that correct? 😊

Actually there are a few differences in areas such as pools, Crooners, Princess Live, Take 5, La Mer......etc.   We gave been on Royal, Regal, and Sky and enjoyed all.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 1965 said:

With construction of the Enchanted and Discovery, Princess has corrected many of the passenger concerns with the 1st four builds. They got it as right as they can on these last two Royal Class ships. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hobbyfarmer2 said:

Actually there are a few differences in areas such as pools, Crooners, Princess Live, Take 5, La Mer......etc.   We gave been on Royal, Regal, and Sky and enjoyed all.

Thank you! So many things we look forward to. ♡

22 minutes ago, skynight said:

With construction of the Enchanted and Discovery, Princess has corrected many of the passenger concerns with the 1st four builds. They got it as right as they can on these last two Royal Class ships. 

Thank you! Can't wait to set sail. ♡

Edited by 1965

43 minutes ago, skynight said:

No Vines on Discovery, correct ?

28 minutes ago, voljeep said:

No Vines on Discovery, correct ?

Correct. No Vines on the Enchanted or the Discovery. This space was turned into the Salty Dog Gastropub. I expect that a Vines selection of wines will be served in another venue, perhaps the Good Spirts Bar. With sushi? Maybe. Too much revenue to eliminate totally.