Booked my first RCL cruise!

Cruised Disney 4 times and we're going on our 3rd Princess cruise on 3/19/06 and I just booked our first cruise with Royal Caribbean today to celebrate our 20th anniversary in September! Please tell me we're going to love it.

We're sailing on 9/3/06 on the Adventure of the Sea out of San Juan. We've done the southern caribbean before sailing on board the Golden Princess on 10/24/04 and loved it. How is RCL going to be????

Welcome to RCI, cjskids! You will love the ship and may never go back to Princess :D

Are you on the Aruba itinerary? Will you fly down the day before? Ask all the questions you want - most everyone is friendly on this board and you will find tons of info.

Welcome to RCI, cjskids! You will love the ship and may never go back to Princess :D

Are you on the Aruba itinerary? Will you fly down the day before? Ask all the questions you want - most everyone is friendly on this board and you will find tons of info.

Thanks, love your posts on the Princess board so thanks for the help over here.

We're not on the Aruba itinerary as we did a very similar one to that on Princess. We're doing St Lucia, etc this time around. Not sure if we'll go down the night before or not as we did last time. We may just fly out of FLL or Miami into San Juan that morning. I'm already in Florida so I don't have to worry about getting here and there are lots of flights all day into SJU.

I'll need lots of info as I know nothing about the cruise line at all!

Thanks everyone for the welcome.

You’re going to love it! We love both Princess and RCI. There are a couple of differences that we noticed.

RCI – no anytime dining. Just be aware of the times the buffet is closed and know you can always order room service.

We prefer the entertainment w/ RCI. It is a notch above Princess.

Coke sticker is more expensive on RCI and may not be worth it (it wasn’t worth it for us)

RCI - - staff gets gold star for friendliness and attentiveness

Princess has more pools and fresh water - - we miss this when on RCI

RCI ships have fantastic atriums

Balcony cabins are basically the same

OH - - take your own lotion, as RCI doesn’t provide this in your cabin

Congratulations on your 20th anniversary!! :)

Looking forward to our next cruise . . .

Constellation Oct. ’06 – Western Caribbean

Brilliance of the Seas April ’06 – Panama Canal

Jewel of the Seas Oct. ’05 – Bermuda and Caribbean

Dawn Princess March '05 - Western Caribbean

Caribbean Princess '04 (C752 Cabin off back of ship) - Eastern Caribbean

Island Princess '03 - Panama Canal

Star Princess '03 - Mexican Riveria

Grand Princess '02 - Western Caribbean

Enchantment of the Seas '98 - Eastern Caribbean

One thing I can tell you for sure is to get your own taxi to the pier from the airport. It's not that expensive and you don't have to wait around for a shuttle. Sailing at 10:00 p.m. is a big plus!

You will LOVE the Barbados itinerary! In Barbados check out the Silver Moon catamaran snorkle. Silver Moon I holds 12 and Silver Moon II holds 18. We loved swimming with the turtles and the wonderful lunch and crew. Book early if this is something you would like. Here is a link....http://oceanadventures.bb/sailing.htm and here is a link the thread that has a link to my pictures (webshots is blocked at work)...http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=203116&highlight=silver+moon

I'm so jealous! I want to get back to the southern Caribbean in a year or two.

Congrats- Like you, we too have cruised with Disney 4x and just loved it. But my kids wanted to try something a bit more adventurous. We just cruised with rccl on our 1st cruise w/them and had an absolute grand time. The voyager class ships are great fun too- they have so much activity for everyone to do. Have a great time!!!!!

Archived