NEW MSC Drink Packages (2021 onwards)

Maikell

1 hour ago, bafinegan said:

wow, not my experience at all.  Course this was last Jan on the Seashore, but drinks were strong and bar service was great.

I agree.  On both my cruises, the drinks have been great, as well as the service.  Just off the Armonia and we so enjoyed all the fancy coffees (alcoholic and non) in the coffee shop also.  Yes, the pool bars can be hard to get service, but a little patience works every time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

I agree.  On both my cruises, the drinks have been great, as well as the service.  Just off the Armonia and we so enjoyed all the fancy coffees (alcoholic and non) in the coffee shop also.  Yes, the pool bars can be hard to get service, but a little patience works every time.

That gives me hope. Mera seems to be having problems overall . My frozen toblerone literally tasted like ice with a splash of milk. My husband couldn’t believe it when he tasted it. (Just one example) A different ship will be home porting in PC this spring. 

22 hours ago, mawvkysc said:

One way they do it is that (in my experience) the drinks are very weak, the mixers are even weak, there are not many servers so you have to wait in line at the bar, 

You just need to tell them to add one or two more pegs of alcohol.

You won't have to wait at the bars at the specialty restaurants.

5 minutes ago, drsel said:

You just need to tell them to add one or two more pegs of alcohol.

You won't have to wait at the bars at the specialty restaurants.

Good idea, but how do they make  the mixer less weak?MyMoscow Mule was made with watery ginger ale not ginger beer). The sour mix for my margarita very watered down. My frozen Toblerone  literally tasted like icy milk. It wasn’t sweet at all. 

I’m a budget cruiser so I don’t eat in specialty. Can you walk in and order from there with the drink package?

83272E24-2735-4FBE-BE48-550BF88D31AB.thumb.jpeg.b326de16c5c8a8e5cbcf43f145932bd0.jpeg
At first it came with a lemon. I had to ask for a lime. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mawvkysc said:

Good idea, but how do they make  the mixer less weak?MyMoscow Mule was made with watery ginger ale not ginger beer). The sour mix for my margarita very watered down. My frozen Toblerone  literally tasted like icy milk. It wasn’t sweet at all. 

I’m a budget cruiser so I don’t eat in specialty. Can you walk in and order from there with the drink package?

83272E24-2735-4FBE-BE48-550BF88D31AB.thumb.jpeg.b326de16c5c8a8e5cbcf43f145932bd0.jpeg
At first it came with a lemon. I had to ask for a lime. 

So tell him to make it with a double or triple peg of alcohol and tell him to reduce (or remove) the ice and reduce the sparkling water.

and yes you can order drinks in the Specialty restaurants without a reservation, and without paying anything for the food.

Just walk into any specialty restaurant which is always empty, and order as many free drinks  as you want, after telling the bartender the above instructions

Edited by drsel

On 11/24/2022 at 1:53 PM, mawvkysc said:

That gives me hope. Mera seems to be having problems overall . My frozen toblerone literally tasted like ice with a splash of milk. My husband couldn’t believe it when he tasted it. (Just one example) A different ship will be home porting in PC this spring. 

I think the only alcohol in the Toblerone is Baileys. The Mud Slide tastes similar, but has vodka. Or you could ask them to add vodka to the Toblerone. I’m on the MSC Seascape right now and had the opposite problem. The bartender at the pool bar was free pouring triple mojitos. 

1 minute ago, Geeynots said:

I think the only alcohol in the Toblerone is Baileys. The Mud Slide tastes similar, but has vodka. Or you could ask them to add vodka to the Toblerone. I’m on the MSC Seascape right now and had the opposite problem. The bartender at the pool bar was free pouring triple mojitos. 

I think they didn’t add the macadamia syrup or the white chocolate syrup. 

I was just wondering whether or not to choose the Easy Plus package for MSC Cruises in the Norwegian fjords and Baltics  from 17th May to 18 June 2023, considering how cold it will be.

As you well know, in the MSC Easy Plus package, the best drinks are the frozen cocktails, and even the other cocktails have got plenty of ice . Without ice, they would not taste as good.

So considering how cold it will be in the Norwegian fjords and Baltics from 17 May to 18 June, I expect that we will be mostly having hot coffee and hot water.

Hot water is freely available in all the bars and hot coffee is also free in the Buffet.

Hence I thought that it does not make sense to pay for the alcohol & WiFi package, even though it is economical, because we will not feel like having any cold drinks or frozen cocktails.

What is the majority opinion?

Edited by drsel

9 hours ago, drsel said:

I was just wondering whether or not to choose the Easy Plus package for MSC Cruises in the Norwegian fjords and Baltics  from 17th May to 18 June 2023, considering how cold it will be.

As you well know, in the MSC Easy Plus package, the best drinks are the frozen cocktails, and even the other cocktails have got plenty of ice . Without ice, they would not taste as good.

So considering how cold it will be in the Norwegian fjords and Baltics from 17 May to 18 June, I expect that we will be mostly having hot coffee and hot water.

Hot water is freely available in all the bars and hot coffee is also free in the Buffet.

Hence I thought that it does not make sense to pay for the alcohol & WiFi package, even though it is economical, because we will not feel like having any cold drinks or frozen cocktails.

I would still do the easy + because it includes the specialty coffees ( with or without alcohol) and a better beer/wine selection.  Here is avlink that breaks down the different packages.  https://www.cruzely.com/worth-it-complete-guide-to-msc-cruises-drink-packages/

Edited by bafinegan

On 11/25/2022 at 11:18 PM, drsel said:

Also it would depend if you enjoy beer. Much more selective with the plus package. Also, one of the bartenders mentioned I should order a Bacardi mojito instead of just a regular because it is included in the plus and better than the well liquor. Really not sure how much of a difference it would make, but I do know that matters to some. 

1 hour ago, Geeynots said:

Also it would depend if you enjoy beer. Much more selective with the plus package. Also, one of the bartenders mentioned I should order a Bacardi mojito instead of just a regular because it is included in the plus and better than the well liquor. Really not sure how much of a difference it would make, but I do know that matters to some. 

I always call my liquor when I am afforded the opportunity. The "well" liquor is there for a reason.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, juancarlosgarciasanchez said:

Hello -

Can anyone direct me to where I can read exactly what is "currently" covered under the EASY PLUS PACKAKE onboard the Meraviglia for a cruise in January? Thanks 

See the beginning of this thread

19 hours ago, juancarlosgarciasanchez said:

Hello -

Can anyone direct me to where I can read exactly what is "currently" covered under the EASY PLUS PACKAKE onboard the Meraviglia for a cruise in January? Thanks 

Is this what you want?

https://www.msccruisesgetforms.com/cms/cmsimages/flyer/drink-packages/MSC-18-352_DRINK_PACKAGE_TRADE_KIT_dec2019_TA.pdf?

On 12/2/2022 at 6:35 AM, ready2cruzagain said:

THANK YOU ! But do you have the linky to the CURRENT list as your list states 2020 options and not sure if the CURRENT policy mimics the one you listed. 

Edited by juancarlosgarciasanchez

Winter 2021 - Onwards
Drink Package Comparison
The Bahamas 
& Caribbean Cruises

Europe, Emirates, 
Southern Caribbean & World Cruise

Drink Package:

Easy
Select drinks 
Easy Plus 
(Included in All-In offer)
All drinks up to $9
Premium Extra
All drinks 
up to $15
Easy
Select drinks 
Easy Plus
(Included in All-In offer)

All drinks up to €8
Premium Extra
All drinks 
up to €13
BEER BRANDS            
Affligem Blond        
Amstel Light        
Angry Orchard Apple Cider        
Beck's    
Blue Moon        
Bud Light        
Budweiser     
Coors Light         
Corona / Corona Light        
Desperados         
Dos Equis    
Draft Beer   
Franziskaner         
Guinness     
Heineken    
Heineken 0.0 Alcohol-free  
Michelob Ultra        
Miller Lite (bottle)      
Nastro Azzuro    
Newcastle Brown Ale    
Paulaner        
Pilsner Urquell        
Red Stripe        
Samuel Adams        
San Miguel        
Sol        
Stella Artois    
Strongbow Apple Cider        
Yuengling Lager        
WHISKEY BRANDS            
Ballantine's Finest        
Bell's        
Bushmills           
Canadian Club     
Chivas Regal 12Y         
Crown Royal    
Dewar's         
Dewar's Special Reserve 12Y           
Dewar's White Label         
Elijah Craig         
Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey         
Gentleman Jack           
Glenlivet Master Distiller's Reserve         
J&B         
Jack Daniel's Old N° 7        
Jameson Irish    
Jim Beam White Label    
Johnnie Walker Black 12Y         
Johnnie Walker Red     
Maker's Mark         
Mitcher's Rye           
Nikka Days          
Seagram's 7        
Whiskey (well)          
Woodford Reserve        
VODKA BRANDS            
Absolut    
Absolut Elix        
Belvedere        
Chopin        
Finlandia        
Grey Goose        
Houpert & Frère          
Ketel One         
Moskowskaya         
Ocean (organic vodka)           
Smirnoff     
Stolichnaya     
Tito's     
Ultimat           
Vodka (well)  
RUM BRANDS            
Appleton Estate         
Bacardi 8Y         
Bacardi Black     
Bacardi Flavored         
Bacardi Oakheart         
Bacardi Superior White     
Brugal Anejo            
Captain Morgan         
Captain Morgan Spiced         
Gosling's Black Seal         
Havana Club 3Y         
Havana Club 7Y           
Malibu Coconut         
Myer's Original     
Pirat XO Reserve           
Rum (well)    
Santa Teresa 1796         
Zacapa 23Y         
GIN            
Aviation         
Beefeater     
Bombay Saphire     
Bulldog           
Gin (well)      
Gordon's Dry    
Gordon's Premium Pink         
Hendrick's         
Plymouth           
Tanqueray N° Ten         
The Botanist           
TEQUILA             
1800 Reposado        
Cazadores Reposado          
Cuervo Gold        
Cuervo Silver        
Don Julio Reposado          
Don Julio Silver          
Herradura Reposado          
Jose Cuervo Gold        
Jose Cuervo Silver        
Patrón Añejo          
Patrón Silver        
Tequila (well)    
BRANDY, COGNAC & ARMAGNAC / GRAPPA         
Aalborg Akvavit        
Armagnac Janneau XO        
Brandy (well)
Cardinal Mendoza    
Grappa Montanaro White          
Grappa Montanaro Aged         
Hennessy VS        
Kirschwasser         
Martell VS        
Martell VSOP         
Metaxa         
Piore Williams         
Rémy Martin VSOP         
Vecchia Romagna Etichetta Nera    
LIQUORS & BITTERS             
Amaretto Disaronno       
Amaro Averna           
Amaro Ramazzotti            
Amato Montenegro       
Aperol     
Baileys Irish Cream     
Bitter Campari     
Cointreau     
Drambuie     
Fernet Branca     
Godiva Chocolate         
Grand Marnier     
Jägermeister    
Kahlúa    
Limoncello      
Malibu         
Patron XO Cafe     
Porto Sandeman Ruby     
Ricard     
Ruaviejo Licor de Hierbas         
Sambuca     
Sherry Harvey’s Bristol Cream         
Southern Comfort         
Vecchio Amaro del Capo         
Vermouth Martini (white & red)      
APERTIFS             
Campari Soda         
Crodino         
Ouzo         
Pastis 51         
Raki         
Ramazzotti Aperitivo Rosato        
Sanbitter         
COCKTAILS             
Alcohol-Free Cocktails          
Classic Cocktails          
Contemporary Classics     
Featured Cocktails           
Fresh Fruit Cocktails    
Frozen Drinks            
Mixed Drinks with Well Spirits   
Premium Cocktails & Mixed Drinks         
Protein Shakes     
Signature Cocktails           
Spritz Cocktails         
Tropical Treasures         
CHAMPAGNE & WINES             
House-Brand Wines        
Wine by the glass up to $9             
Wine by the glass up to $15             
Wine by the glass up to €8             
Wine by the glass up to €10             
SOFT DRINKS & OTHER            
Bottled Mineral Water     
Energy Drinks         
Fountain Soda / Soda by the glass          
Fresh Orange Juice         
Fruit Juices by the glass    
Iced Tea (cans)        
Soda (cans)        
PREMIUM COFFEES             
Caffè Latte     
Cappuccino     
Espresso     
Hot Chocolate     
Hot Tea     
Specialty Coffees            
Spirit Coffees         

FAQ

4 hours ago, I M INDIAN said:

I am sailing on Meraviglia in few days with my husband and 2 kids. We are not into alcohol and sodas so we don't see worth to pay for drinks package for all of us. If I want to get Alcohol free package only for myself for coffees, can I do it onboard?

Yes you can, but you will have to buy the alcohol free drinks package for all four of you.

it won't be worth it unless the four of you together consume around 28 or more non alcoholic drinks everyday.

Also the non alcoholic drink package onboard price is more than the easy plus  package when included with the cruise at the time of booking.

Edited by drsel

On 11/23/2022 at 7:20 PM, bafinegan said:

wow, not my experience at all.  Course this was last Jan on the Seashore, but drinks were strong and bar service was great.

Same.  I was on Seashore in October and it was packed.  I will be on Mera in January so I will see firsthand if there is a difference.

• 2 months later...

First time on MSC. Have done RC, Carnival, Princess and Norwegian.

Checking out drink packages and it seems they are much higher than what I recall from other lines.

I don't drink alcohol and I seem to remember that package on other lines being in the $60-80 range for a 7 day cruise.

Does anyone know if it's cheaper at the website or once you board.

Just talked to TA and they quoted $30 per day.

Any information or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.