Playing Bridge on Celebrity

Gr8Mariner

23 minutes ago, Gr8Mariner said:

I've been on ships which have a card room. I've been on some who schedule bridge games on sea days. What is the story on Celebrity?

I have never seen bridge games on the planner (I could have missed them) but I have regularly seen it played both in the library/board games area on S class ships and in other areas. 

I am fairly sure there is a notice board by customer service where you can put up notes inviting others to join in activities. If I remember correctly you need to speak to guest relations you can not just put up your message. If you do get a good take up guest services will try to suggest venues for you. It can be frustrating when card players take up space in cafe areas.  

Alternatively you could join the roll call for your cruise and ask if anyone is interested in joining a bridge club...This could be a better option as many guests only visit the guest relations area if they have a problem. It would also allow you to pre plan times etc.

Happy cruising!

We have seen a place to sign up for bridge or a time in the planner for bridge players to meet during  cruises on  Holland America, Azamara, and Oceania. We've not seen it lately on Celebrity, but we have found potential bridge players on roll calls.

11 hours ago, Gr8Mariner said:

I've been on ships which have a card room. I've been on some who schedule bridge games on sea days. What is the story on Celebrity?

Check the Community Board at GS and your Roll Call for your cruise. 

Also, you might want to check with X about Bridge groups who may be sailing on any particular cruise.

We were on two (2) different sailings with lots and I mean lots of bridge players aboard. I would say upwards of 200 individuals and most would not leave the ship when in port....

Good luck in finding fellow players and bon voyage

3 hours ago, KEN31VA said:

Years ago they used to have sanctioned sessions, especially on the longer cruises.  Today I believe that you have to go on a "luxury" line to find it.  

It was fabulous. There were lessons in the am and duplicate after lunch. What a great way to spend sea days, especially on a TA.

2 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Also, you might want to check with X about Bridge groups who may be sailing on any particular cruise.

We were on two (2) different sailings with lots and I mean lots of bridge players aboard. I would say upwards of 200 individuals and most would not leave the ship when in port....

Good luck in finding fellow players and bon voyage

Unless you know someone, I don't think you can join a bridge group.

7 hours ago, cantstopingcruising said:

Unless you know someone, I don't think you can join a bridge group.

Very true, yet i would think there might be at least one space available due to a cancellation, then again possibly not...

bon voyage

Oceania has a bridge lesson each sea day, plus social and duplicate sessions in the afternoon.  I'm still just learning the game, but the take-aways from the O lessons stick with me in play.

36 minutes ago, marieps said:

Oceania has a bridge lesson each sea day, plus social and duplicate sessions in the afternoon.  I'm still just learning the game, but the take-aways from the O lessons stick with me in play.

On selected sailings - mostly those with at least 3 sea days.

Just now, FlyerTalker said:

On selected sailings - mostly those with at least 3 sea days.

We were on the TP...so that would make sense.  So I can expect lessons on the Sirena TA in October but not on Riviera in the Caribbean?