A few questions re Silver Whisper

Joywrk

We Are looking at 2023 Sydney to Tokyo. A bit worried about less than stellar reviews of Silver whisper. There are many sea days and wondering if there will be bridge, dancing and things to do during the day and evening. Any help would be appreciated.

2 hours ago, Joywrk said:

We Are looking at 2023 Sydney to Tokyo. A bit worried about less than stellar reviews of Silver whisper. There are many sea days and wondering if there will be bridge, dancing and things to do during the day and evening. Any help would be appreciated.

The Whisper is a fine classic cruise ship.  It is kept in fine shape, and along with Shadow is my favorite Silversea ship.  That SS frequently uses it for the world cruise bespeaks their confidence in the ship. There will almost certainly be bridge and dancing at night as well as films, cooking demonstrations, wine tastings, enrichment lectures, etc.  But sea days will not be packed with events as you might find on a mass market ship.  If you are still at a loss for something to do, there is a vast selection of movies available through the in-suite TV. 

• Like 1

I have also sailed on Whisper. She was my 2nd cruise with SS in the summer of 2018......Venice to Nice.  I had a wonderful time and am sailing her again (hopefully) in December😃.  I know they always offer trivia during the day.  I am not a bridge player so cannot tell you about that one.  As Observer mentioned, the "Packed events" are not like on the mass market ships but I would not hesitate to recommend sailing her👍

• Like 1

Since she came out in 2001 I have had 16 voyages on Whisper -- my favorite but just barely above the lovely little Cloud.  She is an elegant lady - you won't be disappointed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1