Is the Bella Experience that bad?

Into Cruising

I have a Balcony Bella Experience  booked on the Meraviglia for October.

Part of the perks of my booking is the Drinks package and  wifi.

I think I will really miss room service.  Is it available for a charge by any chance?

50 minutes ago, Into Cruising said:

I think I will really miss room service.  Is it available for a charge by any chance?

Yes you can pay for room service, despite what some may say there are a number of Bella cabins on MSC ships that are good.

Room service for Bella has a $3.95 fee per delivery, I've seen reports they try to limit each delivery to items for up to two people.  Continental breakfast items are free but most other items have a cost.  The only other significant thing Bella experience doesn't get is priority of choosing main dining room times.

1 hour ago, Into Cruising said:

As others have said Room Service is available for a charge. But the Bella experience is just fine. We do Bella most often, have several booked. Supposedly you do not get your choice of dining times however we have found if we are not happy with dining time assigned we have been able to change it when on ship. 

• Like 1

We have a cruise that only had Fantasia available. Bella opened up for 47.50 per person. It seems other than possibly a bad room (this might be worth it) for $4 per day (six day cruise so five days) and free continental breakfast it almost seems crazy to pay almost $100 vs $20. Ship is Opera, any thoughts about possible bad balcony on that ship?

9 minutes ago, thepla said:

We have a cruise that only had Fantasia available. Bella opened up for 47.50 per person. It seems other than possibly a bad room (this might be worth it) for $4 per day (six day cruise so five days) and free continental breakfast it almost seems crazy to pay almost $100 vs $20. Ship is Opera, any thoughts about possible bad balcony on that ship?

You said “bella opened up” - can you choose your cabin - i probably would not choose Bella unless I could pick my cabin, which I have always done - the only reason we have ever picked Fantastica over Bella is because of cabin location - room service doesn’t mean much to us. 

2 minutes ago, cellfree said:

You said “bella opened up” - can you choose your cabin - i probably would not choose Bella unless I could pick my cabin, which I have always done - the only reason we have ever picked Fantastica over Bella is because of cabin location - room service doesn’t mean much to us. 

You are correct, online for a new booking it looks like what I call a guarantee on other ships. I did ask my TA to find out if a cabin could be done. It almost seems as if there are not really Bella on Opera just offering a guarantee cabin without other perks.

20 minutes ago, thepla said:

You are correct, online for a new booking it looks like what I call a guarantee on other ships. I did ask my TA to find out if a cabin could be done. It almost seems as if there are not really Bella on Opera just offering a guarantee cabin without other perks.

It is quite likely you would be upgraded to Fantastica cabin w/o the benefit of Room Service. I am quite particular about cabin location whether it is a Bella or Fantastica. On the Armonia we did choose an Interior Guarantee (price was really great so worth the chance) and were assigned an Ocean View. 

My cabin is 10042.  Does not look too shabby to me.

Thanks for the responses on Room Service, while not a deal breaker it would be a shock to my system to be running to the buffet each morning.  I do not mind paying.  I am on a Promo special pricing so did not have the option for Fantastica

Remember that some ships have Bella cabins that are perfectly fine, while other ships not so much.

As an example, on Grandiosa, I believe that every Bella balcony is obstructed in some way.  Either via a lifeboat in front of your window, or a steel balcony that you cannot see through.  But on other ships, there are some Bella cabins that are still pretty good.

I've booked both and have been satisfied with my choices, but I also did my homework.

3 hours ago, Into Cruising said:

My cabin is 10042.  Does not look too shabby to me.

Thanks for the responses on Room Service, while not a deal breaker it would be a shock to my system to be running to the buffet each morning.  I do not mind paying.  I am on a Promo special pricing so did not have the option for Fantastica

There are photos of your cabin on www.cruisedeckplans.com