October 2022

Hi all...we optimistically booked a B2B2B for Australia/New Zealand in October/November 2022.  Based on what I've been reading, I'm beginning to think this cruise won't happen.  Even if Australia opens its borders by then, I don't think that opening will include cruise ships.  I would appreciate your opinions.  Thank you.

4 hours ago, travellingnana said:

Hi all...we optimistically booked a B2B2B for Australia/New Zealand in October/November 2022.  Based on what I've been reading, I'm beginning to think this cruise won't happen.  Even if Australia opens its borders by then, I don't think that opening will include cruise ships.  I would appreciate your opinions.  Thank you.

To be honest, I think that is too far into the future to know.  I think everyone here is hopeful that borders will open and cruises will be operational because everyone here likes cruising but October 22 is a long way into the future in pandemic land and no one knows what will be happening then.  My advice is not to make any final payments on cruises, flight etc at this stage.  Check in again in six months and we will all have a more informed opinion.

• Like 2

From what has been stated by the Aust government, it appears that our borders will open to international visitors in mid 2022. I feel you are pretty safe booking a Oct/Nov 2022 cruise, however, it would be good if you do not have to commit non-refundable money so far ahead.

I would be very surprised if the 21/22 cruise season goes ahead, and even more surprised if the 22/23 season does not.

I'm guessing that international flights to Australia, for the vaccinated, will open up half way through 2022 and cruising just after that.

NZ in October/November is a little early in the season, don't forget your winter woolies.

34 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

Thank you for your answers.  I have only put down refundable deposits, but was just wondering whether I should bail now and book something else or hang in there.  I'll hang in there!

It will become clearer after we have our Federal election within the next year. Cruising is not a vote catcher.