Major battle is imminent.

33 minutes ago, SeaHunt said:

Our TV news has been reporting the conflict nonstop today 🤪

image.png.1d0c536a368bf43ffb29a140e9c531bb.png

Good old Lester Holt I assume.    Is that a radiance class in the photo?    I had a funny memory today because of this, back when Carnival Triumph was broken down and mostly adrift in 2013, the toilet plumbing stopped working.   I remember Jay Leno  saying, "There was feces and karaoke everywhere!"  That did get me a big upgrade on my 2014 Jewel cruise.

On 5/12/2021 at 10:25 AM, ericfromri said:

KEY FACTS

Norwegian raised just over $2.2 billion in a mix of stock and debt, which it says will give the company enough cash to outlast coronavirus and endure “well over 12 months of voyage suspensions in a potential downside scenario.” The series of capital markets transactions, led by Goldman Sachs, include a $400 million public offering of common stock, a $750 million offering of exchangeable senior notes, a $675 million offering of senior secured notes and a $400 million investment from global consumer-focused private equity firm L Catterton. Norwegian now has $3.5 billion in liquidity and will be “well-positioned to weather covid-19 impacts.”

Yup. I am glad to see that you are promoting NCL. 

11 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Yup. I am glad to see that you are promoting NCL. 

if you think thats promoting   lol  looking forward to them going out of business.   survival of the fittest

Brilliance has done such a good job as a spearhead that Oasis has come up front with her.   Back to somewhat seriousness.  I haven't seen this many ships hanging in one spot and staying there since the pandemic shut down.    I'll admit to knowing nothing (a rare admission on the internet) and that I'm looking for any positive sign I'll go on my next scheduled cruise.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2021 at 7:25 AM, ericfromri said:

Norwegian’s stock price, trading near $60 at the end of 2019, has plunged 81% so far in 2020, and is now trading at around $11 per share. 

As of Friday NCL was trading at 28.79

30EC68D7-EB6B-431A-95C2-AA8556B6AC4A.thumb.jpeg.71a261215ab5c979cf35b00facc4575e.jpeg

1 hour ago, HBCcruiser said:

As of Friday NCL was trading at 28.79

30EC68D7-EB6B-431A-95C2-AA8556B6AC4A.thumb.jpeg.71a261215ab5c979cf35b00facc4575e.jpeg

On that note, when fuel prices rose years ago,  Royal and others started adding fuel surcharges there stock tanked. I bought enough shares that when it went from around $15 to $45  I cashed out and bought a 7day cruise on Freedom.  Might look at that again. (numbers above were from a suspect memory)

• Like 2

On 5/13/2021 at 2:46 PM, MightyMike said:

Carnival does have more experience with ramming other ships.

I was on the Radiance in PV when the CCL Splendor came in hot and rammed us😲

• Like 1

On 5/14/2021 at 2:48 AM, ericfromri said:

ilooking forward to them going out of business

As someone that sails a lot of cruise lines,  Ncl isnt going out of business anytime soon

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 100viper said:

Reports coming in that Odyssey will be swooping in to assist Royal. 

image.png.a00db1279134d99f54520c5c778b38a9.png

Like it says "up for anything" - including battles at sea!

North Star Command Center 😁

• Like 3

"Norwegian's not one of the big ones" so they're out of the picture 😂

My money would be on the Royal/Celebrity fleet because even though Carnival would have better fighters based on their stereotypical behavior/demographic, I would choose pure numbers every day. Carnival can't match the amount of combined passengers and crew that Royal/Celebrity would have.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2021 at 9:25 AM, ericfromri said:

KEY FACTS

Norwegian raised just over $2.2 billion in a mix of stock and debt, which it says will give the company enough cash to outlast coronavirus and endure “well over 12 months of voyage suspensions in a potential downside scenario.”

The series of capital markets transactions, led by Goldman Sachs, include a $400 million public offering of common stock, a $750 million offering of exchangeable senior notes, a $675 million offering of senior secured notes and a $400 million investment from global consumer-focused private equity firm L Catterton.

Norwegian now has $3.5 billion in liquidity and will be “well-positioned to weather covid-19 impacts,” according to its press release.

The announcement comes a day after Norwegian Cruise Line warned of a potential bankruptcy, saying that there’s “substantial doubt” about its ability to keep operating amid coronavirus.

Norwegian’s stock price, trading near $60 at the end of 2019, has plunged 81% so far in 2020, and is now trading at around $11 per share. 

The stock plunged over 20% on Tuesday following the initial warning of possible bankruptcy, and is down 0.8% on Wednesday despite the positive funding news.

r/wallstreetbets called, and they want their juicy, well-researched DD back.

Joking aside, NCLH TO THE MOON!!! 🚀🌕

• Like 1