New air policy

arkansastraveler

And this is why I'm waiting until they're back sailing before I book anything. The uncertainty would drive me nuts. I like to make plans and lock things in as soon as possible. Hopefully by the end of the year it'll start being more back to normal. I miss talking to my TA. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Wanted to bounce this up again. Have either of you checked with your TA to see if this is still the case?

Please report back. 

How about others with cruises booked in November. Has your final payment date been altered?

Insignia, Regatta, Sirena?

On Riviera 11/17 from Rome to Miami. Spoke to TA yesterday. No info from Oceania moving payment from June 9. Still due then. 🙏🏼 it goes. Optimistic. 

1 hour ago, lorimay said:

I'm on the Marina departing November 2. My final payment isn't due until August 4. However, I didn't book this until about a month ago so that may be why the later payment date.

sounds like  the normal final payment date  of 90 days  if your cruise is 14 days or less

If you are booked on Riviera, November 7, Monte Carlo to Rome Grand Voyage, just heard from O that our FP date was pushed back to August 19. It had been June 10 so this kicks it back to a 60 day payment window.  We are on B2B Grand Voyages beginning in Istanbul 10/18 and both have been pushed back to 60 day FP’s. 
if you have any “normal” FP dates that can be 90-150 days out, have your TA follow up with O. 
Ciao 

4 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

If you are booked on Riviera, November 7, Monte Carlo to Rome Grand Voyage, just heard from O that our FP date was pushed back to August 19. It had been June 10 so this kicks it back to a 60 day payment window.  We are on B2B Grand Voyages beginning in Istanbul 10/18 and both have been pushed back to 60 day FP’s. 
if you have any “normal” FP dates that can be 90-150 days out, have your TA follow up with O. 
Ciao 

Much as I guessed!

Aren’t you glad you asked? 🍷

👍🤞🙏🛳

Now we have to hope Riviera sails but to me it is 50-50 at best. I can see the November 17 Rome to Miami Transatlantic as having a very good chance to be Riviera’s maiden Post Covid sailing so she is in place for the Caribbean season. 

Definitely important to continue to ask questions 🤪

Just saw last evening that our final payment for Devine Down Under on 11/13/21 has been pushed out to Sept 14th.  Didn’t get notification from Oceania but found it when I was routinely checking my booking. 

Valerie

4 hours ago, mauibabes said:

Ciao 

August 19th is about 75+_ days- not 60 by my reckoning. A new holding pattern date for O to use?

15 hours ago, mauibabes said:

👍🤞🙏🛳

Now we have to hope Riviera sails but to me it is 50-50 at best. I can see the November 17 Rome to Miami Transatlantic as having a very good chance to be Riviera’s maiden Post Covid sailing so she is in place for the Caribbean season. 

Definitely important to continue to ask questions 🤪

That would make sense to make the TA sailing the first one for Riviera.  We're on the 10/18, Istanbul to Monte Carlo sailing and wonder if it will be a go. Our FP is now 8/11. I note that all except the Marina are cancelled through 9/30 and we are barely two weeks after that. My guess is that the cruise line can be ready but will all the ports be ready for us?

One concern that I have is that prices are going up and the same cruise may cost much more later and with less perks that we managed to get. I like the "lift and shift" program that RCI is doing that let us move our May, 2021 sailing to May, 2022 even though the cost of the 2022 sailing is much higher.

If this goes, it will be interesting for us. We were on the last Riviera cruise that was cut short from 10 to 5 days. My wife and I came home with Covid that we got somewhere in MIA or on the ship.

12 hours ago, Dwtlion said:

August 19th is about 75+_ days- not 60 by my reckoning. A new holding pattern date for O to use?

You didn’t read carefully. They also have a 10/18 sailing. Sixty days from 8/19. Then she said “ Both” had been pushed back to sixty days, meaning the 11/7 cruise also.

True, we actually sail first from Istanbul on October 18. Agree with Rick, we did get the benefit of the Ultimate Sale and our price for these two Grand Voyages B2B are great and we would hate to lose them but…being able to move them to next year for the same price would be great but I am sure that will not happen for us as we have already booked another trip in October.
i Guess for us it is this trip or wait till May 23 for Nautica but the world will have to improve a lot for that itinerary to go as planned. Myanmar, India, Holy Land all have significant issues. 🙏🤞🛳

By the way, this is Gerry and I was the Chauffeur and gofer for the Mauibabes, Bonnie and friends during a teacher’s spring break years ago. Mauibabes was just an unforgettable handle. 

With Alaska opening in July or August, it might be interesting to see if Regatta also sails this summer so we can 🙏 for three O ships to be sailing by October.