Ships to start sailing half capacity in August from Bayonne

On 5/20/2021 at 2:00 PM, lauren0309 said:

Just read an article that ships will start sailing at half capacity from Bayonne in August. It said ships with 6,000 capacity will sail at 3,000. How will they decide who will be sailing. I booked a sailing last year so is it who booked further out in that order?

BAYONNE, NJ - After extensive discussions with the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, local and state health officials, and the Office of Emergency Management, Royal Caribbean is planning to sail its first cruise ship out of Port Liberty in Bayonne in August, TAPinto Bayonne has learned.

“Right now, we’re hearing the first ship will leave in August at half capacity,” said Mayor Jimmy Davis. “This means that if the ship can accommodate 6,000, then 3,000 will be allowed on board.”

Royal Caribbean suspended operations from Bayonne last March due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Here was a post with it.

Mine in October from there to Bermuda was just cancelled.  Wonder if capacity limits with unvaccinated, or since we have kids they are kicking us off to do vaccinated.  Bermuda was open to cruises as they planned to go from there this summer. So don’t know issue unless the port…..

1 hour ago, landerslp said:

Mine in October from there to Bermuda was just cancelled.  Wonder if capacity limits with unvaccinated, or since we have kids they are kicking us off to do vaccinated.  Bermuda was open to cruises as they planned to go from there this summer. So don’t know issue unless the port…..

If your sailing was scheduled to be on Freedom OTS, the issue is Freedom has been relocated to do sail out of Miami.     

Has nothing to do with Bermuda.    

They plan on restarting with Oasis sailings to Bahamas in September.    The more ships they can bring into Coco Cay and make $$$ the better their bottom line will be.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If your sailing was scheduled to be on Freedom OTS, the issue is Freedom has been relocated to do sail out of Miami.     

Has nothing to do with Bermuda.    

They plan on restarting with Oasis sailings to Bahamas in September.    The more ships they can bring into Coco Cay and make $$$ the better their bottom line will be.

Time is running short with WHAT DATE the Oasis would be able to begin their seven night cruises from Bayonne.( if it happens at all) A poster recently mentioned the September 5th cruise was no longer available, which probably means the ship is sold out. Then there's the 12th, 19th and 26th to follow. So based on EVERYTHING we've read would anyone have a better handle on just what date the Oasis "could" theoretically be the FIRST in those dates listed?

1 hour ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Time is running short with WHAT DATE the Oasis would be able to begin their seven night cruises from Bayonne.( if it happens at all) A poster recently mentioned the September 5th cruise was no longer available, which probably means the ship is sold out. Then there's the 12th, 19th and 26th to follow. So based on EVERYTHING we've read would anyone have a better handle on just what date the Oasis "could" theoretically be the FIRST in those dates listed?

Oasis 9/5/2021 is still available to book; all types of rooms.

screencapture-royalcaribbean-booking-superCategory-2021-06-05-00_21_54.png

11 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

They canceled July and August 2021 out of Bayonne.  Supposedly, September 5th will be the first but I will believe it when I am on the ship!

LOL...lol.. I'll we'll be right behind you for the September 12th sailing with a big "If". I've come to the conclusion that Bayonne dates will remain open to bring in the revenue, even if it doesn't happen. Hope it does ! On another subject fellow cruisers...have you noticed RCI's Marketing has been heavy in promoting a lot more FLORIDA sailings, emphasizing the Allure, Symphony, Mariner, Odyssey and now the Freedom with some emphasis on Alaska's Serenade and Ovation. Nothing promoting New Jersey with this year's Oasis's summer cruises. I've received these notifications at least once a day and sometimes twice. The latest was Saturday morning (6/5). The pattern seems to be sending out cancellation announcements the first week of the month. For DaniDanielle and others who are booked in September, if things go down the tubes we'll most likely get word in early July. ;-( 

• Like 1

We are booked and fully paid on a L&S from last year to the Oct 3 Oasis sailing now.  We booked a fabulous suite at a great price, otherwise we would have just asked for a refund.
I’m not getting my hopes up now. If September sailings get canceled, then I really don’t believe the ship will come to Bayonne for only a few weeks. The ship will probably get rescheduled to a Florida port to get sailings going again there. Whatever is easier and cheaper for RC ....
I’m feeling very skeptical and I’m also getting tired of all of this. We enjoyed cruising but after everything that’s happened, I’m not going to keep playing this wait and see reschedule game.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sixbirches said:

We are booked and fully paid on a L&S from last year to the Oct 3 Oasis sailing now.  We booked a fabulous suite at a great price, otherwise we would have just asked for a refund.
I’m not getting my hopes up now. If September sailings get canceled, then I really don’t believe the ship will come to Bayonne for only a few weeks. The ship will probably get rescheduled to a Florida port to get sailings going again there. Whatever is easier and cheaper for RC ....
I’m feeling very skeptical and I’m also getting tired of all of this. We enjoyed cruising but after everything that’s happened, I’m not going to keep playing this wait and see reschedule game.

well I am booked on Oasis for Oct 17th my birthday. final payment is due July 15th.  I will be most annoyed if it does not go.  I had to stay home last year and now this year too.

Frankly RCI is looking bad with all the changes right now.  Folks are getting tired of getting their hopes up.  I feel PUBLISHED cruises should remain active as much as possible.  

If they would have good software to allow us to make our own changes, that would relieve the stress of the agents. 

Many of the agents are grumpy and hard to understand with their headphones too.

Whenever I hear that I need to make a change, I make sure to get some water, stop at the bathroom and settle in for a long journey on the phone OMG.

best of luck for your Oct 3rd cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, sixbirches said:

I feel this same way. I sail September 19th which is my third L&S. If it's cancelled I will take the refund and regroup until things get situated.

11 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

They canceled July and August 2021 out of Bayonne.  Supposedly, September 5th will be the first but I will believe it when I am on the ship!

We are booked for the sept 26th sailing.  Fingers and toes crossed🧜‍♀️

9 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

well I am booked on Oasis for Oct 17th my birthday. final payment is due July 15th.  I will be most annoyed if it does not go.  I had to stay home last year and now this year too.

Frankly RCI is looking bad with all the changes right now.  Folks are getting tired of getting their hopes up.  I feel PUBLISHED cruises should remain active as much as possible.  

If they would have good software to allow us to make our own changes, that would relieve the stress of the agents. 

Many of the agents are grumpy and hard to understand with their headphones too.

Whenever I hear that I need to make a change, I make sure to get some water, stop at the bathroom and settle in for a long journey on the phone OMG.

best of luck for your Oct 3rd cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great answer ! Notice that Princess, NCL and Carnival have all taken a completely different approach to this whole mess. It's still unfortunate but they've come right out and have used the word CANCELLED up front a few months ago instead of letting their clients hang by a thread.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2021 at 10:02 AM, DaniDanielle said:

Was on July 30 sailing.  After cancellation lifted and shifted to August 5, 2022. No other sailing was given for  L&S option.

7 hours ago, Biker19 said:

RCI likes the suspense.

And the income generated whether the ship(s) sail or not. Can you believe that there are over ONE MILLION cruisers who have been displaced since RCI stopped their regualrr schedules in March 2020 to the current sailings.