MSC World Europa Sales open in 10 days time

stuart2468

I came across this article published today. Thought you may find it interesting. I haven't been keeping up on the MSC forum because I don't have a MSC cruise booked, but I sure do miss the fine folks who post here and I'm looking forward to a day when we can all get back to the sea.

"Her season will commence with a special four-night sailing from Doha in Qatar to her new homeport of Dubai, United Arab Emirates."

MSC World Europa Set to Debut in Middle East with New Features - Cruise Industry News | Cruise News

3 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

and at those prices they can keep them, new ship or not.

I can get 2 weeks on Royal or Celebrity for some of the 1 week rates on Europa.

I'm a big MSC fan but it's one thing getting priced out of Yacht Club (my own fault for telling too many people how good it can be in YC) but something else when balcony rates are stupid.

Yeah!... I can't watch what those prices are once they aren't open for my market yet, but on one thing I'm sure: MSC is not anymore that unbeatable cheap "secret" at sea!... For many times I thought I'd to be the unique one saying that here on CC... Not anymore!... And I'm not surprised, by the way!... But I'd never to book with them at a less than 10% discount difference to such an RCI or Celebrity, TBHH...

Meanwhile, if you're really interested and are flexible enough on booking time, await next June or July. Perhaps plenty of cabins ready for the "lost head" promotional by then. No demand for so many cabins on the months to come, to say the least...

I'm not concerned about current pricing. Once ships get sailing supply and demand will prevail. There is only so much pent up demand before cruise prices drop like a rock. In the USA, Johnny Public is not booking cruises.  I suspect those who are booking with new cash (not FCC's) are going to be landing some exceptional deals after the initial excitement wears off.

• Like 1

I'm wondering about deck 21 forward.  Deck 16 & 18 are Duplex/Royal/Owners.  Deck 19 is Top Sail lounge.  Deck 20 is YC restaurant, open to topsail below.  Then there's a large unmarked open space at deck 21 forward.  From the outside renderings it's got a full height glass wall.  You can clearly see there is a deck 22 pool deck above it.  I'm thinking an indoor solarium since there's not much pool deck area relative to the number of YC cabins.

Anyone else noticed that MSC have got the YC Inside cabin colours wrong on the Deck plans ... 🤣 They are coloured Green for Fantastica and one coloured Blue for Bella.

YC Inside 15 square metres, Seashore YC Inside 21 Sq Metres!

Edited by sidari

2 hours ago, 8420PR said:

Very few YIN cabins available - just 7 by my count.  I hope that changes!

By the pricing on the older ships, me thinks YIN cabins are very difficult to sell once most real suite guests owners don't really like to go inside... So, they basically joined the YC outsides with regular insides and made the club enclosed only for the dedicated venues, like what is working on RCI these days...

1 hour ago, sidari said:

Anyone else noticed that MSC have got the YC Inside cabin colours wrong on the Deck plans ... 🤣 They are coloured Green for Fantastica and one coloured Blue for Bella.

YC Inside 15 square metres, Seashore YC Inside 21 Sq Metres!

Those are lots of Fantastica insides and one studio, not YC insides.  There are only seven YC interiors, four on deck 15 and three on deck 16.  All those Fantastica cabins in the center have access to the elevators and are shut off from the YC surrounding them.  What's going to be interesting is how the YC passengers on deck 15 starboard get to the main YC public areas without having to leave their YC area and cross over to the port YC side, where the YC elevator and staircase is.  That forward corridor is commonly for bridge crew only.

Edited by Até

For anyone else that is interested, the Royal Suites come in different configurations.....

YC3-Rroyal-Suite-16007.webp

...Deck 16

Larger bathroom that is closer to the bedroom, separate tub and shower, larger stateroom. 

YC3-Rroyal-Suite-18003.webp

...Deck 18

Larger balcony, better view of the TV from the bed, smaller hot-tub, bathroom near the front door. 

• Thanks 1

There are also 2 different Owner's Suites...

YC4-Owners-Suite-16002.webp

YC4-Owners-Suite-18001.webp

...I think that the website has the decks labeled incorrectly. According to the URL, the rendering of 16002 doesn't match the Virtual Tour of 16002. The same is true of 18001.

I'll try and get it sorted out and update...

22 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

For anyone else that is interested, the Royal Suites come in different configurations.....

YC3-Rroyal-Suite-16007.webp

YC3-Rroyal-Suite-18003.webp

I think those two images are not to the same scale, seen by the bath tubs and beds.  My bet is the hot tubs are the same size.

14 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

It could be. If it is, the balcony discrepancy is even greater.

I do think 18 has a much larger balcony.  That inside table with six chairs on 16 seems a waste given MSC's attitude towards in suite dining.  If instead they put a second bathroom there (like where it is on 18) it would be a much better cabin design.

Edited by Até

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

...I think that the website has the decks labeled incorrectly. According to the URL, the rendering of 16002 doesn't match the Virtual Tour of 16002. The same is true of 18001.

The UK site has the two Owners Suite virtual tours mixed up.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Até said:

Those are lots of Fantastica insides and one studio, not YC insides.  There are only seven YC interiors, four on deck 15 and three on deck 16.  All those Fantastica cabins in the center have access to the elevators and are shut off from the YC surrounding them.  What's going to be interesting is how the YC passengers on deck 15 starboard get to the main YC public areas without having to leave their YC area and cross over to the port YC side, where the YC elevator and staircase is.  That forward corridor is commonly for bridge crew only.

Ate ... That explains it then but what a stupid idea for the YC design, wonder why so few YC insides 

50 minutes ago, sidari said:

Ate ... That explains it then but what a stupid idea for the YC design, wonder why so few YC insides 

Top exclusivity against mass market... Top exclusivity individuals don't like to go inside cabin, and they don't want to be in the mix with the regulars... They just kept a few insides to please some in the base line market from the other ships (like this lovely CC "brigade" we so proudly love to engage with!). If needed they can easily to make a few of those Fantasticas on YIN if they so want. This way they'll have a proper luxury enclave for the ones it is supposed to be. As far as prices go it is pretty much easy to understand why they're making this decision. YIN goes at a discount most of the time with some true suite guests enjoying the company of some regulars. I expected that to not work well from the beginning... They then took measures on their most recent venture...

Meanwhile there are some 6 ships with plenty to chose on the YC inside category, as far as they remain offering those cabins as that... Enjoy!...

And have a nice day!...

While I'm interested in the ship, I'm not particularly interested in the itineraries.  We've been to Barcelona multiple times.  Same for Genoa, Marseilles, Malta, Naples, Messina, etc.

I understand that some have not visited these places, and generally they are certainly worth a visit, but I wish they could find some new and more varied itineraries that would be of greater interest to some.

• Like 1